Jhon Durán

PieFacE

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Duran's ceiling is so much higher than Archer's though. Someone said it on here ages ago (possibly @useless, and in my head I questioned it at the time, but it's true.

i actually think the exact opposite. i think it could come down to attitude. getting relegated with sheff utd will probably humble archer and a season of playing in the championship for a promotion chasing club will do him wonders. i honestly don't see duran being a striker for a top division team long term

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Duran's ceiling is so much higher than Archer's though. Someone said it on here ages ago (possibly @useless, and in my head I questioned it at the time, but it's true.

I think judging either players ceiling is virtually impossible right now. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Twas me

• Thanks 1

I don’t understand the clamour from some people for us to get rid of Duran. He has the potential to be a world class striker. He is fulfilling a key role as understudy to Ollie (a role that is always going to be difficult to fill). There’s no real evidence of him having a poor attitude other than unfounded speculation. Leave the kid alone and get behind him.

As some are making a comparison to Archer, I will comment too. I think Archer is already very close to his ceiling. He is what he is, which is a very good Championship striker. There’s nothing wrong with that but I honestly believe that Duran is levels above him already with much room to grow. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Well Matt Law who is a Villa fan and is well connected at Chelsea says its a possibility.  They are crazy. The thing they dont need is potential. They need experience. But this is Boehly. So Broja and 20 mill in return please 

Duran is a much better player potentially than Broja

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I know it's easy to laugh when a player's struggling, but surely Jackson must have more to his game than what people are assuming, or must just be very low on confidence. I've not seen enough of him to say for sure though.

He's just a poor player they paid way too much for. 

As for Duran if Chelsea bid a crazy amount then I would sell him, we need someone ready to play not a project player. 

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

As for Duran if Chelsea bid a crazy amount then I would sell him, we need someone ready to play not a project player. 

You are aware Duran has played a lot this season yes? He's on a steep improving curve and will be a proper competition for Watkins next season. We need two Strikers especially as we hopefully will have expanded Champions League next season too. That's min 8 top level games alongside EFL Cup and PL etc.. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I’m sorry but we just can’t operate like that with ffp. How much money did we blow on Danny Ings? How much damage to it cause? Duran has much more to offer and is significantly cheaper. He also has a much higher ceiling. This is how we must operate 

• Like 1

Surely we can’t be considering selling this guy - his value will just continue to increase. 

If Archer was worth 20m, surely this guy is 30m at least already? I mean he cost us 18m last year! 

If they paid £50 million for Broja then that is a minimum I'd want for Duran. Don't want any money for him I want him to stay as I think we have a serious striker on our hands in a year or 2 the guy has everything, he is a £100 million+ striker in a couple of years in my opinion.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Frodo said:

If they paid £50 million for Broja then that is a minimum I'd want for Duran. Don't want any money for him I want him to stay as I think we have a serious striker on our hands in a year or 2 the guy has everything, he is a £100 million+ striker in a couple of years in my opinion.

Yeah if we deal with Chelsea, they have to pay unrealistic prices. They massively overvalue their academy products and spunk out cash like it's CO2. If that's how they business, then that's how we business with them.

Duran looks desperate to play and impress (when he does play).  He has massive talent, but is still very raw. 

From Duran's point of view leaving Villa where he second choice to go to a club like Chelsea where he will be at best second choice, and who won't get champions league, from Villa where is 100% second choice and getting minutes, with a fair chance of champions league at end of the season just doesn't make sense however you look at it.

Duran needs to keep working hard and be patient, his chance will come. He just needs to focus on what he is asked to do , and being clinical in front goal when chances arise.

I rate him highly, potentially world class. 

Players like him, Zaniolo, Ramsey, and Iroegbunam can be top, top players. It's all about application and a bit of luck. Of those only Ramey is showing he is firmly on the road. Zaniolo, was, but has stalled and needs to get going again. Duran us just getting going, and Tim is about to get his chance.

There players excite me so much. Many may scoff at Me mentioning Tim and Zaniolo in this manner, but I see something special in them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i actually think the exact opposite. i think it could come down to attitude. getting relegated with sheff utd will probably humble archer and a season of playing in the championship for a promotion chasing club will do him wonders. i honestly don't see duran being a striker for a top division team long term

I don't think that's possible because of the buy back.  We have an obligation to buy if they get relegated.

I get the impression Duran has possibly had his head turned by Chelsea interest and his agent is trying to push for a move so is working overtime to keep his name in the news. 

Unless Chelsea or anybody else offer silly, silly money then I hope we don't sell him. Trying to think when was the last time we had a young 20 year old striker and in a position to give him time to develop rather then needing him to be our main goal scorer week in week out. Couple of years time I can see him being a real good player. I can see why the club sold Archer in the summer rather than loaning him out and keeping Archer. We'd struggle to get 18.5 million for Archer from what I've seen from him this season so far for sure. 

That loan bid from West Ham last week was ridiculous/laughable. 

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

There’s no real evidence of him having a poor attitude other than unfounded speculation.

Emery has come out twice, subtly, admitting there’s been something going on. The first time, Emery said Duran was “a challenge”. Not “a joy” or “a pleasure”, but a challenge. Maybe something got lost in translation, fine. But the second time Emery said Duran’s attitude was “getting better”. That implies his attitude wasn’t always 100%.

Duran is still getting minutes so it’s clear Emery likes him, but it’s simply not true to say the suggestions are unfounded.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don't think that's possible because of the buy back.  We have an obligation to buy if they get relegated.

wait, what? so if sheff utd go down (which was always highly likely) we HAVE to buy him? i never saw this mentioned anywhere

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Well Matt Law who is a Villa fan and is well connected at Chelsea says its a possibility.  They are crazy. The thing they dont need is potential. They need experience. But this is Boehly. So Broja and 20 mill in return please 

If they want experience, what about a player with 77 senior international caps and 18 goals?

Time for Bertie to go home to Chelsea - £80 million

Â