Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Given the scale of the owners ambitions, the focus and drive of Emery, and the urgency with which all parties are approaching their task, I cannot see the club putting up with a temperamental child. It’s a waste of resources and disruptive to the group if coaching staff have too much of their time consumed by non-football related problems. It’s not a crèche. 

If we can get our money back by selling him elsewhere then fair enough. Duran may go on to be a world beater, but if he’s not what we need in the here and now then show him the door and get someone in that we can rely on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Given the scale of the owners ambitions, the focus and drive of Emery, and the urgency with which all parties are approaching their task, I cannot see the club putting up with a temperamental child. It’s a waste of resources and disruptive to the group if coaching staff have too much of their time consumed by non-football related problems. It’s not a crèche. 

If we can get our money back by selling him elsewhere then fair enough. Duran may go on to be a world beater, but if he’s not what we need in the here and now then show him the door and get someone in that we can rely on. 

Fully agree. Like most I can see that there is something about him but there is still a long long way to go before he’s a reliable PL striker. His temperament is clearly an issue he has caused good chaos in some games and been a liability in others. He might come good but feels like a hell of a project right now. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Duran has come off the bench in 25 out of ty3 35 ish games he's been available for, he's started every cup game he's been fit for. To me seems like this is just paper talk. 

Hopefully that’s all it is. Just making the point that if it’s not then he can bugger off. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If reports are true, and he's genuinely pissed off at not starting in the PL, ahead of Ollie, and at his age, I have questions about his intelligence.

This. He has the opportunity of a lifetime,working with one of the best coaches in world football. But with the  attitude he's showing, Duran is more likely to have a career like Balotelli than his 'idol' Ibrahimovic. 

There might be something in the rumours of him leaving as it's being reported as a possiblity by a number of reliable journalists. But him changing his instagram doesn't mean anything, lots of players do that, in of itself nothing should be read into it.

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has he really deleted all Villa related content from his socials ? If that’s true, what a baby! 

That happened in November. I see Daily Heil has mentioned in latest hatchet piece

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That happened in November. I see Daily Heil has mentioned in latest hatchet piece

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He did that months ago 

Ah fair enough.  Nothing in it then.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ah fair enough.  Nothing in it then.

I don't agree, I think it was pretty blatant what it meant. It came at the same time as a previous round of news stories about how he was unhappy with his minutes. I think we have to conclude that was true then and is true now; would be quite weird for multiple different journalists to make up stories saying he's unhappy. 

I suspect he won't end up leaving because we won't be able to do a deal and find a replacement in Jan but he'll be off in the summer IMO. 

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't agree, I think it was pretty blatant what it meant. It came at the same time as a previous round of news stories about how he was unhappy with his minutes. I think we have to conclude that was true then and is true now; would be quite weird for multiple different journalists to make up stories saying he's unhappy. 

I suspect he won't end up leaving because we won't be able to do a deal and find a replacement in Jan but he'll be off in the summer IMO. 

That's not true. It was what caused the speculation and then he missed a game because he had a toe infection. 

Until we sell him I don't believe it. He's playing games, maybe not starting as many as he'd like but he can fix that if we win the FA Cup tie tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if he was sold a story by the club way before Emery came in.  It was well reported that he was a long term target from before Emery, and only happened to complete after he arrived. Emery didn't block it  but maybe when he agreed to it it was under a different vision to what he'd been sold earlier in the negotiations.

If he then choose to only hear what he wants to, and gets disillusioned because his expectation isn't being met, then its not Emery's fault. But it could well be a problem.

Guess we'll see if its just paper talk if he leaves or not this month. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villastine said:

Can't see a realistic scenario where we sell a 20 year old striker with bags of potential who just got us a win. 

I can.  Emery does not like chaotic players or chaotic people IMO.  If  Duran is as chaotic as he appears, then I'm guessing Emery would rather reallocate the £20mill elsewhere.  Whether we can put a deal together that suits player, agents, managers and finance people - that could prove very difficult..

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he was sold a story by the club way before Emery came in.  It was well reported that he was a long term target from before Emery, and only happened to complete after he arrived. Emery didn't block it  but maybe when he agreed to it it was under a different vision to what he'd been sold earlier in the negotiations.

If he then choose to only hear what he wants to, and gets disillusioned because his expectation isn't being met, then its not Emery's fault. But it could well be a problem.

Guess we'll see if its just paper talk if he leaves or not this month. 

Wasn't Ings around then, so would be third choice rather than second?

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If Percy “is a shadow of his former self” then what does that make Collomosse?

His article is absolutely pathetic. ‘Duran MIGHT be loaned or sold in the summer’ - probably goes for 80% of players in world football. 

What a load of rubbish.

He’s a kid. he’s younger than Louie Barry.  Everyone knows he’s a kid and  I’m sure is getting huge leeway because of that and because of a move to a new country etc. 

Unsurprisingly the kid wants to play as much as possible and the only factual point made in any of the articles is that he wasn’t happy being hauled at half time in nothing games v Everton and The Europa game. Fair enough, I wouldn’t be happy with that either if I was in his shoes.

Now both those games were a long time ago and since Jhon has had plenty of minutes and involvement and has made important contributions not least winning the penalty v Burnley. 

Emery has specifically spoken about him potentially being one of the best strikers in the world in the future. There is no way in the world the club are going to sell him unless it’s for a ridiculous premium. 

He may go out on loan but again what’s the point when he’s going to get plenty of game time with all the games we have. If he’s not starting today then I’ll be raising my eyebrows.

• Like 2

Â