Jhon Durán

PieFacE

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We hope he learns from the minutes he gets and can impact the game, but it's stupid to expect him to dramatically change the course of things at his age.

Then it's equally stupid to put him in these games. He'd be better oft playing with the reserve team.

Just now, vreitti said:

Then it's equally stupid to put him in these games. He'd be better oft playing with the reserve team.

Nah. Is this a translation issue or are you just really harsh and demanding on youngsters? It's silly to expect him to win a match for us, but you hope that he does because he clearly has potential and ability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He is causing havoc when he comes on, but today we would have been better of keeping Diaby on the pitch. Very nearly a completely unnecessary red card, and then we got caught on our heels when the game continues after that VAR check. I feel we kind of lose our rythm a bit when he comes on, he wrestles and fights like Marlon Harewood or Grant Holt but quite often loses the ball and make us lose possesion. If his lay of to Watkins had been better weighted Watkins would have got a clean strike on goal as another example.

It's of course impressive that he is performing at such a young age and not writing him off at all, still much room to improve, but I think we need a better option going into the second half of the season.

I didn't think his layoff was badly weighted at all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I didn't think his layoff was badly weighted at all.

Yeah was a good layoff, unfortunately it was about the only good thing he did.

Multiple times he tried to take on 2 players, lost it then just stood there. One of those times was in our half and led to Sheffield getting into our box (may have been the Konsa near own goal).

Needs to wise up quick

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Woeful cameo.

Not sure if he was lucky to escape red but his pass completion was horrendous, kept on giving it away when we were trying to build attacks.

Woeful is the right word. He just looked like he didn't really belong at this level, which is pretty disappointing. And while I'm not saying we made the wrong decision re him and Archer, it's nevertheless not ideal that he threw in a stinker on the same night Archer scored the only chance he got at the other end. 

Hopefully we bring in someone who can meaningfully rotate with Watkins and Duran can get some time out on loan, because the potential is there, but this is an unforgiving league. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Woeful is the right word. He just looked like he didn't really belong at this level, which is pretty disappointing. And while I'm not saying we made the wrong decision re him and Archer, it's nevertheless not ideal that he threw in a stinker on the same night Archer scored the only chance he got at the other end. 

Hopefully we bring in someone who can meaningfully rotate with Watkins and Duran can get some time out on loan, because the potential is there, but this is an unforgiving league. 

Think we'll just try Bailey or Zaniolo central if anything happens to Ollie.

It's not ideal but Duran starting about 3-4 games in a month would be pretty worrying as he's nowhere near ready for that sort of responsibility yet and so I'd expect our results to quickly dip.

• Like 1

He's just a big daft carthorse that we massively overpaid for. Send him out on loan to the Championship or League 1 in January so he can play regularly and try to learn some discipline. We need much, much better as an alternative up front, he's absolutely hopeless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

I know he's young and in a new country and everything but I don't ever feel like he contributes anything. 

Our winning home run would have come to an end much sooner if he hadn’t scored an absolute worldie against Palace. 

6 hours ago, Risso said:

He's just a big daft carthorse that we massively overpaid for. Send him out on loan to the Championship or League 1 in January so he can play regularly and try to learn some discipline. We need much, much better as an alternative up front, he's absolutely hopeless.

Yep. People keep going on about his "potential", whereas I haven't seen anything at all to suggest he's anything but an expensive mistake from a piss poor league. One of the players we must upgrade on if we are to be top 4 contenders in May.

Amazed the foul got given to Sheff United after his incident. Clear foul on him first. 

Surprised he didn't get a red though. Unintentional, but I'd have put money on a VAR making him walk. 

I'm not sure how Emery will react to seeing him lose his head like that. After Brentford, I imagine there's been a lot of talk about being calm and collected...for Duran to do that may have put him in the bad books. I doubt Emery has a lot of time for people who don't listen. 

Â