Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Although Unai does often put players on the bench who don't have a chance of playing, eg a second kepper or players who aren't fully fit.

Dunno, it just seemed a very strange, overly expensive signing from the word go, and not one that Unai had anything to do with. He just doesn't seem like an Emery player to me.

Again we've been over this so many times second keepers on the bench are more likely to play than a Striker/winger who's 4th choice off the bench because if both keepers go down you need the 3rd goalkeeper. 

Also been reported that Villareal wanted him when emery was there. 

Edited by MotoMkali

If Duran is struggling mentally, I hope the club is giving him all the support he needs, and I’m sure they are. 

We’ve seen after the Tielemans interview how players can be affected by baseless lies and rumours online, so let’s not jump to conclusions here by saying he has an attitude problem, or go back to the nonsense about him being a poor signing. 

Edited by Rich192

14 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I feel like there are posts missing on this thread - has Duran posted this image of Rodman?

Seemingly so. If you click into the tweet above, you can see the Rodman picture has what looks like Duran’s instagram profile at the top. I don’t know about the interpretation.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I feel like there are posts missing on this thread - has Duran posted this image of Rodman?

This post was on his Insta story yesterday afternoon, but the rest of his profile had disappeared and is still not visisble. I don't know if has just been temporarily hidden or deleted his account though? He may well be taking a break from social media, he is a young lad living a long way from home. It must be tough for him, and we all hear about the bad side of social media and the abuse sent across the internet by the idiots and trolls. Hopefully he is ok, and the club and his close friends and family are taking care of him if he is subjected to any bad thoughts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Seemingly so. If you click into the tweet above, you can see the Rodman picture has what looks like Duran’s instagram profile at the top. I don’t about the interpretation.

Thanks.

And I see 2 hands pointing to a heart underneath.

So he is going to act with his heart over his head (if 2 hands beats one) or his head over his heart (if a photo beats an emoji) or none of the above.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Thanks.

And I see 2 hands pointing to a heart underneath.

So he is going to act with his heart over his head (if 2 hands beats one) or his head over his heart (if a photo beats an emoji) or none of the above.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about the heart part of the post. I have no idea what that means, though I think your theory could probably be on the right lines.

Its almost people were too happy with yesterdays performance that some negativity needed to be found

Maybe we put Kellyman on the bench as reward because he worked hard during the international break and we cant use him in Europe

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its almost people were too happy with yesterdays performance that some negativity needed to be found

Maybe we put Kellyman on the bench as reward because he worked hard during the international break and we cant use him in Europe

The player had villa all over his socials and now doesn't, he deleted it all.

I dislike negativity, especially when unwarranted, but the Duran situation is worthy of comment as it is an odd one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Again we've been over this so many times second keepers on the bench are more likely to play than a Striker/winger who's 4th choice off the bench because if both keepers go down you need the 3rd goalkeeper. 

Also been reported that Villareal wanted him when emery was there. 

You might have been through the keeper thing before but it's still nonsense. If it was a good idea, why doesn't it happen all the time, and why don't all teams do it, instead of just about nobody?

And where was it reported that Villareal wanted him?

Jhon Jader Duran (did not know about the Jader, thought I'd found his brother). He seems most active on Facebook over insta etc. Where he's been posting about Columbia since the Villa Wolves game, but none of that has been deleted. Also his cover photo is of him in a Villa kit celebrating the goal against Palace. 

Also his profile pic syncs to Facebook and he's just been on international duty so I guess that's why he's wearing a Columbia shirt. 

Also he's still following AVFC and they're following him back. 

Think people are giving too much credit to the photo and the potential connotations of it. If I saw that I'd just think it means focus, Bailey points both fingers to his head, Rashford does his celebration, I don't think it's worth jumping to the conclusion that he's going through a spell of really bad mental health, or there's an attitude problem, or he hates the club. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Risso said:

You might have been through the keeper thing before but it's still nonsense. If it was a good idea, why doesn't it happen all the time, and why don't all teams do it, instead of just about nobody?

And where was it reported that Villareal wanted him?

Because when you do legitimately have a great 8th man on the bench you gain more value from him covering for injuries than a third goal keeper. But a third goalkeeper provides more value for the actual game than youth player who will never get on the pitch. 

The only advantages of the youth player is A getting match day experience or B getting a runout when you are smacking the opponent. When the third keeper is a youth player they are already getting A, and therefore you are only losing the slim chance of B. 

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yeah he's quality but he's gotta play more regularly at this stage of his career

Does he? He’s 19 and he’s already featured in 12 games this season for a Premier League side and his country before the end of October. Between them he’s getting coached by one of the best managers in the game. That all seems like a good place to be.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I don’t think the kid is a bad signing at all.

Let him develop here, and watch him grow into a really good centre forward - all the attributes are there in aplenty imo 

I had my doubts last season but his goals to games ratio is pretty good so he's developing well. Next step is to be trusted to actually start a prem game at some point in next three months.

I personally think there's little in this. He was just rested after a long trip back midweek.

• Like 1

Â