Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Re-watched the first half on VillaTV this morning. 

Not only is he a physical freak at 19, but his runs (literally all of which were missed on Thursday by our midfield except one from Zaniolo) are massively underrated. He has a great football brain on him. 

• Like 2

I’d be more than ok with him starting tomorrow - he has probably just done enough to have earned it.

I would worry a little how this might impact Ollie, as I don’t think he has faced being dropped has he??

Would it give fire in his belly - or send him into sulk mode? 

But at this level sentiment is out of the window - and I would start Duran 

• Like 1

He’s young and you can tell. Easily frustrated and got outtussled against the experienced Tarkowski. 

The unheralded part of the CF game is holding up play and dragging the team up the pitch and he could not get it to stick the first half. 

Edited by DJBOB

Hope all the boomers on Twitter suggesting he's better than Watkins because he's a "true striker" or whatever have been humbled. He's very raw, and can't really shoulder much of a burden yet, especially as a lone striker. His pressing also needs serious work. Had Diaby doing 2 jobs.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hope all the boomers on Twitter suggesting he's better than Watkins because he's a "true striker" or whatever have been humbled. He's very raw, and can't really shoulder much of a burden yet, especially as a lone striker. His pressing also needs serious work. Had Diaby doing 2 jobs.

Whilst I generally agree with you, it's not like Watkins really did anything in the game either. Forwards were living off scraps tonight.

1 minute ago, djdabush said:

Whilst I generally agree with you, it's not like Watkins really did anything in the game either. Forwards were living off scraps tonight.

We generally look more threatening, even if he doesn't particularly do anything of note on the ball. His movement and pressing is more methodical and less erratic. On a base level, that already makes him more valuable to the team.

I think he will be fine but both against Warsaw and Everton, we struggle to use Duran as a plan B to hold up the ball when pressed hard or to link play to enter the final third. 

Raw and a lot to learn, just needs to keep playing. 

Â