Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Fine them all two weeks wages for poor performance, that will get the morale up!

Or give them  the "John Terry" treatment. Fine two weeks wages for no reason,  train with the kids until match day, play them in goal (but tell them to make attacking runs to the wide forward positions when in possession)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wes said:

Feel a bit sorry for him as the Sudamericano would've been a great experience for him, and I'm sure Colombia aren't best pleased, but needs must.

Training with PL footballers for the next 2 weeks is a much better experience than playing in some u20 tournament IMO

Edited by messi11
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Wes said:

Feel a bit sorry for him as the Sudamericano would've been a great experience for him, and I'm sure Colombia aren't best pleased, but needs must.

As long as he plays with us then no issues. But if he doesn’t get minutes then I’d agree.

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

According to the transcript on that Twitter thread Jhon Durán left Colombia last night so he is in Birmingham now.

May see him in a Villa shirt very soon...

Going from Columbia to Birmingham must be rough.

I hope he packed his thermals.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Going from Columbia to Birmingham must be rough.

I hope he packed his thermals.

He lived in Chicago its not as if he's a stranger to cold climates. Plus he'll have played in cities like NY, Boston, Philly and Toronto which would be way colder than Birmingham. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He lived in Chicago its not as if he's a stranger to cold climates. Plus he'll have played in cities like NY, Boston, Philly and Toronto which would be way colder than Birmingham. 

Chicago is **** freezing in the winter. Makes Birmingham feel like Ibiza 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Chicago is **** freezing in the winter. Makes Birmingham feel like Ibiza 

I remember once "During the war" It was that cold, the flame on my lighter froze! 

so according to Gregg Evans we worked on this transfer for 6 months and went across to the USA multiple times to convince him we were the right move for him.  Interesting then that this would probably be a Lange transfer rather than an Emery one

Â