Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I didn't put in a currency on purpose because I'm not entirely sure. It's doing the rounds on reddit and social media. Regardless it adds a bit of context and he isn't some £2m youngster we're throwing unto the U21s.

The currency is kind of important though! 

The reported fee of $18m is then lazily posted as £18m on social media. The £10m in add-ons appears to be totally made up in comparison to the reported £3.3m. Once again, the way that performance bonuses are typically structured, if he ends up costing Villa the full £14.75m plus £3.3m, he'll have been a wise signing.

I suspect if the fee was 26m Australian dollars, much of social media would still report it as £26m instead of £14.75m.🤦‍♂️

I'm still puzzled why anyone puts any trust behind so called facts seen on social media.

I definitely agree that this isn't your typical 'take a punt' on an unknown player for a couple of million quid though!

• Like 1

Know absolute bobbins about him. Just glad the players we are being linked to or trying to sign are the ones Purslow talked him and got our buy in for 2 or 3 years ago.

Not 'real men' and 'proper lads' 'look you in the eye types who've been there and done it.'

I'm excited for the signing and what he symbolises.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Good signing but I think this is a signing for the future.

He will play and grow with us over period of time.

He is extremely raw and needs work.

I have read some quotes from Chicago fire fans and erm.. yh lol not great

Surely we've learnt our collective lesson on this?

• Like 2

I trust Unai, Lange and our entire scouting team over some bitter fans losing a big talent. Give him a chance. The club isn’t investing in him if they don’t think they have a talent on their hands. Under £15m in the current climate is a low risk deal. 

Â