Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

Most touches on the whole pitch (80) despite playing less Minutes. Welcome to da club

Also lost possession the most on the pitch… (27 times).

I’m surprised by how positive the comments are to be honest. Not writing him off at all - it’s a huge challenge to come off the bench and debut in the PL, obviously he only got here a few days ago.

I thought first half he was really poor, gave the ball away a lot. Missed a completely rash challenge flying in. Played Rodrigo onside for the chance that was eventually cleared off the line (which was great tracking back by him, so fair play - maybe got a bit lucky with where the deflection went though, as it was off his trailing leg).

He was slightly better second half. I remember a nice pass into the box he picked out. He seemed to think he had an extra second - but I guess that’s PL vs La Liga. I was surprised Leeds didn’t stick Gnonto on him 1:1.

Hope the Digne injury isn’t too serious, and this guy can be given a fair period to adapt. However, he is 29, so hardly one for the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really good debut.

Was brave in the challenges (considering Leeds took a couple of bites at him early on) and he showed his winger qualities with some lovely touches and passes.

Very promising. However pretty much any LB we seem to sign now looks o.k for first few games and then a month later looks like they've never set foot on a football pitch so hopefully this level will still be there in March-April.

The first one signed under Emery, so hopefully that will not be the case with this one.

its so obvious why Emery likes Moreno, very good on the ball, mobile, rapid, varied in terms of crosses, runs, breaking in to box, overlaps etc etc.

great signing.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was great. I couldn’t believe some of the positions he appeared in up front. It’s no surprise he scores and assists so many.

Then at the back he gets the job done too.

Its very early days, but it’s very promising 

• Like 1

Coming into the team for a debut against those scutters so shortly after arriving at a new club in a foreign land was a difficult ask indeed. But, despite a tough 15-20 minutes after coming on, he played great. 

I was really impressed with his pace, quick feet, ability to cover lots of ground and, what a great clearance! 

I'm confident that Alex will be our starting left back next season and by then will be a key member of the first team. 

Considering the frenetic opposition and the pace of this league......I thought his baptism was good.

Paid back most of his fee in that one goal saving moment.

considering all the factors, inc just landing here.....he did well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Lost the ball a lot, but tbh after his first ten minutes I thought most of them were a result of not knowing his team mates rather than a lack of ability or quality. Will fit in well here I reckon, you could see what he was trying to do

Exactly this.  Even within the course of the match you could see that he was getting a better idea of what those around him were likely to do, where they would prefer the ball, what runs they were likely to make, etc.  I think a big part of his game will be the "pass and go" and / or the quick "one-two" to beat the defence.  That's something that will only improve as he gets to build an understanding and relationship with those around him.

I suspect that even by the Southampton match he'll be more settled and hopefully we will see more of his tearing runs down the left flank.

• Like 1

If you can come in, with less than 48 hours at the club, get thrown on unexpectedly after 10 minutes and hold your own against a high press, high tempo Leeds team you have a chance.

Thought he did great all those factors considered 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I’d really like to see both Digne & him on the left with Álex in that left midfield/attacking mid role . 

Other way around. Digne is more likely the guy who gets early balls in or Moreno overlaps. Moreno is a better defender with better recovery speed. 

I doubt playing both is on the cards however.

33 minutes ago, allani said:

Exactly this.  Even within the course of the match you could see that he was getting a better idea of what those around him were likely to do, where they would prefer the ball, what runs they were likely to make, etc.  I think a big part of his game will be the "pass and go" and / or the quick "one-two" to beat the defence.  That's something that will only improve as he gets to build an understanding and relationship with those around him.

I suspect that even by the Southampton match he'll be more settled and hopefully we will see more of his tearing runs down the left flank.

Confirms a lot of how I saw it - he was tying to get us up the pitch and play one-twos with team mates he isn't quite familiar with. Looks to have an extra yard of pace compared with the likes of Targett and Digne which is exciting 

• Like 1

Â