Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

24 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I think just like the Fulham result, the fa cup lack of performance has fast tracked the owners decisions for the summer to be brought forwards.

The owners know that to keep the fans onside, they need good news, new signings bring optimism just like a new manager.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the other 2 signings needed in a right sided player and a forward coming in.

Yes but we shouldn't be so reactive. It suggests that for a least two seasons our transfer policy has been all over the place.

Anyway welcome Moreno and I hope you can improve the team.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What’s the deadline for him being available on Friday? Can’t see Emery playing him even if he is registered in time. He’ll want a few training sessions with him first.

I can't see him being played on Friday against Leeds even if available. Emery won't be able to get his ideas across in time surely. 

Apparently

John Townley: 

'Alex Moreno is the only left-back in Europe’s top five leagues to have won more than 60 tackles and hit double-figures for goal contributions since the start of last season.'

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

The strange thing about the digne signing was that his best attribute is his crossing, which was never going to be a good fit with our strikers.

Having a defender to run with the ball to disrupt defensive lines will suit us so much more.

I saw someone comment this yesterday.

They said that he is actually wasted in our team and play style due to what you've said.

He excels at " Crossing from Deep " apparently and we never have any targets 

Just now, Strog said:

Hoping that Moreno not only has the ability but the desire, something that is lacking from a lot of our current crop.

Maybe he could be taught to close down league 2 players from a corner too

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The strange thing about the digne signing was that his best attribute is his crossing, which was never going to be a good fit with our strikers.

Having a defender to run with the ball to disrupt defensive lines will suit us so much more.

It was with Gerrard's initial system of having Digne and Cash providing the width from wing-back.  As an idea, that's pretty sound and Digne was a good purchase.

Of course, for whatever reason, Gerrard completely dismissed his own system at the start of this season and it all fell to shit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Just realised that I’ve seen him play live, when Rayo Vallecano beat Levante 2-1 in May 2017 in the second tier. For that reason, I’m certain he’s going to be a star. 

You saying this has just made me realise I have as well! Barca B 2-3 Vallecano in 2018, the game also featured Cucurella, Raul de Tomas and Bebe of all people.

Has anyone thought about the prospect of this bloke coming in as LB, and pushing Digne further forward to LW?

Will offsett Dignes pace issue. He'll have less ground to cover, and be more involved in attacks where he might excel. ( Head to head show Digne is superior in chance creation and assists )

Moreno could cover the ground and do the donkey work. Stats show he's a better dribbler and tackler than Digne, as well as obviously fast, so could cover the ground and lay off to Digne?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anyone thought about the prospect of this bloke coming in as LB, and pushing Digne further forward to LW?

Be more likely that Moreno would be in front of Digne wouldn't it?

Anyways, it'd mean a change of style - I'm not sure Emery will be giving up on the 4-2-2-2 yet.

• Like 2

Â