VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Because it's gone to shit

If you said you used to watch wrestling in the 70s "when we were kids" ...then yeah there's some good chats to have but if you say you watch it now it's not because I think you're immature or stupid it's more because the quality of it is so bad now

Its like saying you still watch the walking dead, why? It's gone terrible

FTFY

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Because it's gone to shit

If you said you used to watch wrestling in the late 80's/early 90's "when we were kids" which actually means when most of us were under the age of 10...then yeah there's some good chats to have but if you say you watch it now it's not because I think you're immature or stupid it's more because the quality of it is so bad now

Its like saying you still watch the walking dead, why? It's gone terrible

I actually grew out of wrestling really early, I think that by the time I was about 10 years old I'd pretty much stopped watching it, all my mates used to go crazy for the "Attitude" era of Stone Cold and The Rock, I didn't have anything more than a passing interest, I always like Mankind, well Mick Foley character really.

I posted in the Wrestling thread the other week that I sat down and watched whole of Royal Rumble 93 again, it was **** great.

I've just had a look and the attitude era was from 1997 till 2002, so I'd definitely stopped watching by the time I was 12 years old.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks or GTFO

Oh god. Now someone is going to mention the Japanese guy with the red eyes. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks or GTFO

I met them at Woking centre halls after going to one of their choreographed pantomimes  ... I was about 9 so still living at home with my parents and  thus able to enjoy the occasion without ridicule and sniggering :P 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If you said you used to watch wrestling in the 60s "when we were kids"

FTFY. 

Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo, Billy Two Rivers, etc. 

And I thought it was shite, then. The only difference was that its obsessive fans tended to be menopausal women rather than spotty boys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Mick McManus

He was also at the event I went to in Woking  ... a quick google on yahoo reveals he was 62 at the time  , even though it was just acting , its quite impressive the way he was chucking himself about  , I'm only 52 and can't walk to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee without  moaning about my knees and back hurting :)

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

The Smiths bassist Andy Rourke, 59, pancreatic cancer☹️

Saw him at the Manchester vs cancer shows a few times, great gigs, too young to ever see the Smiths, expecting some decent smiths debate in the music threads over the next week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

FTFY. 

Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo, Billy Two Rivers, etc. 

And I thought it was shite, then. The only difference was that its obsessive fans tended to be menopausal women rather than spotty boys. 

You missed out the greatest of all!

spacer.png

My fav anyway as a young lad watching World of Sport with my auntie.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Sorry to go off topic but I don't get why people poke fun at people who like wrestling. Yes, we know it's scripted and badly acted. But it is just harmless fun.

It's no more fake than movies, TV, or books. Do you assume people who watch the walking dead think zombies are real?

Because they don't get it so resort to the most schoolyard and cliched of pisstaking

Sorry Yawn GIF - Sorry Yawn Sleepy - Discover & Share GIFs | Good night gif,  Night gif, Yawning

The Smiths were a great band, but they've been tainted by Morrissey plumbing ever deeper depths of bellendery.

*takes drag of roll up dog end, sips whiskey, slaps a buxom broads arse, adjusts the valve timing on the '59 small block*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

There was a Japanese guy with red eyes, Kendo Nagasaki, he was at one point Telfords most famous son. His real name was Peter, and was as Japanese as I am.

Genuinely had no idea you were Japanese mate.

The Asian Shakin’ Stevens! How cool is that!

• Haha 3