Formula One - 2023

BOF

F1 might have a bit of a problem here - having a winner at the first corner doesn't make for great TV and if Max were to win the first three or four races this way, it's going to have a hit on the viewer figures for a sport that's made a big play to get those viewers back in. 

In terms of the TV effect of races like this, I think it's fair to say the second half of Everton - Forest has picked up a number of viewers.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

F1 might have a bit of a problem here - having a winner at the first corner doesn't make for great TV and if Max were to win the first three or four races this way, it's going to have a hit on the viewer figures for a sport that's made a big play to get those viewers back in. 

In terms of the TV effect of races like this, I think it's fair to say the second half of Everton - Forest has picked up a number of viewers.

It’s been that way for years though unfortunately. Vettel spent 4 years racing away at the first corner and coasting home. 

The real shame here is that Perez is the ultimate 2nd driver and doesn’t have the ability to make any sort of challenge and almost certainly wouldn’t be allowed to even if he was able. 

11 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

It’s been that way for years though unfortunately. Vettel spent 4 years racing away at the first corner and coasting home. 

The real shame here is that Perez is the ultimate 2nd driver and doesn’t have the ability to make any sort of challenge and almost certainly wouldn’t be allowed to even if he was able. 

Red Bull would never let Perez fight Max, he's there to help Max out however he can. As for the racing, Red Bull has such an advantage that there's not much that can be done. Finding the sport really boring at the moment due to the lack of competition, I had hoped at least Ferrari would be better. 

Great for Aston Martin and Alonso.

Ferrari bring Ferrari

Mercedes not being where they want to be and McKaren just dreadful.

Max is in a class of his own with a car that's the best.

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Adrian Newey yet again showing other teams how to perfect aerodynamics. He's a ***** genius.

Reminds me of the quote from Under Siege

I don’t know how much he would cost, but it would be worth it

Hats off really to those involved with Drive to Survive, amazing how they can make it as if there was ever any competition in this game.

I must admit I only really gone drawn back into watching F1 becos of the series

Edited by HongKongVillan

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Driver of his generation. If he had lucked out on a car as good as Lewis got he wouldn't have lost to Niko

i probably agree that Alonso is a better driver than Hamilton, but also lets not forget that Alonso and Hamilton literally were in the same team once, with the same car, and Hamilton beat Alonso.

However, i do agree that Alonso is a better driver, and should have more championships.