Formula One - 2023

BOF

McLaren MCL60

Fo3OfTPXwAEtSh0?format=jpg&name=large

The more eagle-eyed will notice this is no longer called the MCL37. They've changed it to the MCL60 to commemorate 60 years of Bruce McLaren forming the team in 1963.

Morning Bahrain times

1. Verstappen, Red Bull, 1m32.959s - 71 laps
  2. Sainz, Ferrari,       1m33.253s - 72 laps
  3. Albon, Williams,      1m33.671s - 74 laps
  4. Zhou, Alfa Romeo,     1m33.723s - 67 laps
  5. Russell, Mercedes,    1m34.174s - 69 laps
  6. Hulkenberg, Haas,     1m34.424s - 51 laps
  7. Drugovich, Aston Martin 1m34.564s - 40 laps
  8. Tsunoda, AlphaTauri,  1m34.671s - 46 laps
  9. Gasly, Alpine,        1m34.822s - 60 laps
  10. Piastri, McLaren,     1m34.888s - 52 laps
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

The best time is already a second faster than the best time from last year's day 1 test.

Interesting stat.

As an aside i get the feeling Williams might have a half decent car this year and may challenge the top half of the grid a bit more.

21 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Interesting stat.

As an aside i get the feeling Williams might have a half decent car this year and may challenge the top half of the grid a bit more.

Fingers crossed. They're definitely up on last year's mule. Their best 2022 Bahrain time was 1m35.07 on day one on a sticky C4 tyre so they're 1.3s better off on that :)

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Is it fair to say Aston Martin and Williams both look a lot better than last season?

Certainly looks like it but too early to make proper conclusions. Whose expense does it come at though that's the interesting part?

Already looking like Red Bull are at least as far ahead as last season, real shame as i don't like them or their drivers really, another season of dominance is certainly not what the doctor ordered!

• Like 1

On 23/02/2023 at 14:27, Genie said:

I wonder why they are looking inside the cockpit? 

I've seen drivers have a look at exterior bodywork/engineering quite often- how the car works.

The only times I can remember any interesting tidbits coming from inside the cockpit has been when there were concerns over cheating/rule bending, such as the notorious f duct shenanigans (drivers leg altering airflow), the Mercedes DAS system which was activated from the steering column, and the old 90's Mclaren with it's extra brake pedal. 

Wonder what they are looking for?

Testing all done. 

Seems as if the top 3 is basically like last season for now, Red Bull the best team with Ferrari a little behind and then Merc a little behind them. 

Aston Martin now the 4th fastest team and McLaren have had another howler and likely to be near the bottom of the midfield?

Can't wait for it all to start properly next week. 

• Like 1