Formula One - 2023

BOF

Ocon lol.

Ferrari lol.

Alonso wow.

Honestly, if you could remove the red bulls from the race it was actually pretty good. Alonso was incredible, Ocon provided the comedy and Ferrari were Ferrari.

On 05/03/2023 at 20:17, MaVilla said:

i probably agree that Alonso is a better driver than Hamilton, but also lets not forget that Alonso and Hamilton literally were in the same team once, with the same car, and Hamilton beat Alonso.

However, i do agree that Alonso is a better driver, and should have more championships.

They both ended that 2007 season on identical points. Lewis had 4 wins and 5 second places to Alonso's 4 wins a 4 seconds. He beat him on 2nd places. 

Button and Hamilton were teammates for 3 seasons and Button beat Hamilton in two of those 3 seasons. Nobody thinks Button is better driver than Hamilton

Seems to be a bit of snottiness in the Merc camp since race one. Hamilton coming out and saying the team didn't listen to him about his concerns and now the car isn't good, and saying people should own up to when they get things wrong. Ouch. And Wolff saying they might ditch the car after race one. You'd wonder if it's just them being all honest and open about the car or whether this is the beginning of the end of the relationship and they're engineering the environment for an exit sooner than we thought. Things definitely not all right at Merc though.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2023 at 10:45, BOF said:

Seems to be a bit of snottiness in the Merc camp since race one. Hamilton coming out and saying the team didn't listen to him about his concerns and now the car isn't good, and saying people should own up to when they get things wrong. Ouch. And Wolff saying they might ditch the car after race one. You'd wonder if it's just them being all honest and open about the car or whether this is the beginning of the end of the relationship and they're engineering the environment for an exit sooner than we thought. Things definitely not all right at Merc though.

Can't spend the big doe anymore can they.

I believe its his engine control unit, it was replaced before the race due to an issue then the replacement failed in the race.... meaning he's now on unit number 3. With 1 race done. Impressive even by Ferrari's standards

• Haha 2

That did just make me remember how farcical Ocon's race was on Saturday. Genuinely should have had Benny Hill music every time it cut to him

• Haha 1

Wolf basically told Hamilton he can leave if he wants too, as the car is gonna be crap for another year or 2. 

I personally think this is due to the budgets being cut, as Merc were one of the big spenders, especially investment wise.

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Wolf basically told Hamilton he can leave if he wants too, as the car is gonna be crap for another year or 2. 

I personally think this is due to the budgets being cut, as Merc were one of the big spenders, especially investment wise.

Based on nothing at all I have always had this feeling Hamilton wants to drive for Ferrari. It just seems like a brand he’d want to a little page in history of.

I wonder if he could force his way in there this year? Unlikely of course.

Hamilton has also got rid of his trainer of the last 7 years for some unknown reason.

XPB_1143097_HiRes.webp?v=1672851624

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is Verstappen still favourite for this one?

I'd say he probably is -  he's second favourite with the bookies at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if Perez gets a little radio message if it comes down to it.

I guess he probably is, although that track with those cars is a bit of a nightmare. Needs to keep his nose very clean.

• Like 1

I wonder if having both Leclerc and Verstappen coming through the field will make things more difficult for Max -there could be a some confusion with the field and there's the possibility of the two of them competing for a podium place whilst on track in 8th and 9th (if that makes sense) - Leclerc is a strange obstacle for Verstappen in this one.

Perez clear favorite for me, I’ll be having a bet. Verstappen is going to need at least 2 safety cars to close the deficit down and even if he does Red Bull are having a laugh if they think they can tell Perez to move aside in the 2nd race of the season.