Formula One - 2023

BOF

Clickety

Mohammed ben Sulayem has reportedly decided to quit the hands-on running of the governing body amid tensions with F1 chiefs. The FIA boss said he would only concentrate on “strategic matters” with head of single-seaters, Nikolas Tombazis taking over the “day-to-day” running. 

owever, it is understood Ben Sulayem will remain in his role as FIA president despite calls for him to resign. It comes after strained relations between the FIA and F1 after a series of conflicts on the eve of the new season. 

Ben Sulayem revealed the new approach in an apparent letter to team bosses. According to the Daily Mail, it reads: “My stated objective was to be a non-executive president via the recruitment of a team of professional managers, which has now been largely completed. 

“Therefore, going forward, your day-to-day contact for all matters on F1 will be with Nikolas (Tombazis, director of single-seater racing) and his team, while I will focus on strategic matters with my leadership team.”

More in link...

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Alfa Romeo C43 

FoWlugeWIAADBxa?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Must be frustrating not being able to fully use your house colour because your upstart spinoff team decided to use it instead...

And yes, I know that red is really Italy's racing colour 🙃

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Alfa Romeo C43 

FoWlugeWIAADBxa?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I think that looks fast. You know, it's got the lines.

Usually cars that look fast are slower than a snail's chuff, though.

On 09/02/2023 at 04:10, OutByEaster? said:

The Alfa looks lonely here, like they've forgotten where they put it and it's been left behind when they all went on holiday. 

image.png

It's an Alfa.

You could put it in a crowd of the most amazing and interesting things and everybody will still only see the Alfa.

Sooooo pretty!