Formula One - 2023

BOF

20 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Terrible race really. Alonso podium again though happy days, he'll win at some point this season.  

It would be great if he did but cannot see him besting 2 RedBulls

Cannot see anyone stopping the much loved Red Bull team this season👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

They copied the Red Bull where the other two doubled down on their own designs

Not exactly true. Here's a little context.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Alonso penalty confirmed. Podium gone. All started from parking a bit left on the starting line 🤦🏻‍♂️

Disappointing and how long did they have to sort that before the end of the race. They sorted it quickly enough for Ocon

So he was given a ten second penalty for the rear jack touching the car when no work was supposed to be allowed during the original penalty. That removed his podium position.

Then, Aston Martin appealed staying that loads of other teams put the jack in position during penalties and weren't penalised, and the stewards agreed.

Basically, it seems that they've never really defined what "working on the car" means properly.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

10 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So he was given a ten second penalty for the rear jack touching the car when no work was supposed to be allowed during the original penalty. That removed his podium position.

Then, Aston Martin appealed staying that loads of other teams put the jack in position during penalties and weren't penalised, and the stewards agreed.

Basically, it seems that they've never really defined what "working on the car" means properly.

Weirdly I noticed that when it was happening. I always thought the rule was you couldn't touch the car. I saw them put the jack in position and thought maybe they were breaking a rule.

I can't figure out if I'm right or not :D 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Weirdly I noticed that when it was happening. I always thought the rule was you couldn't touch the car. I saw them put the jack in position and thought maybe they were breaking a rule.

I can't figure out if I'm right or not :D 

I reckon until now lots of people have been breaking the rule but getting away with it. There will probably be a memo go out now confirming NO touching the car at all during the penalty period, otherwise punishment to follow.

It's Rawe Ceek!

And Ferrari are rumoured to be taking a big step forward in Oz.

Mercedes are not the only ones working on new sidepods it seems with a report saying Ferrari will unveil their new design at Imola.

Ferrari have perhaps the most distinctive sidepods of any team on the grid and although it is not that area that has caused them problems over the past year, there is always room for improvement.

More and more teams seem to be converging on the Red Bull style of sidepod and the Italian edition of Motorsport.com is now reporting that Ferrari will bring an upgraded SF-23 to their first home race of the season.

But worryingly for Ferrari fans, the upgrade is not expected to put them in competition with Red Bull but instead hold off Aston Martin for the P2 spot.

Ferrari had hoped to have these upgrades ready for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix which comes following a three-week break after the race in Melbourne but the parts will not be ready in time.

The work is being done under the leadership of head of the chassis area Enrico Cardile but the new design is not expected to look like Red Bull’s.

More in link...