Formula One - 2023

BOF

The article above mentioning Jaguar - those Jags were lovely to look at mind you and distinctive on the grid. Can't believe they mounted a diamond on the cars though for Monaco. Predictably the cars crashed and one of the diamonds went missing. Shocker.

On a slightly related note, I visited a supplier a few weeks ago. They're trying to become one of our suppliers, but currently their major market is F1.

It was really cool going round their factory and seeing struts, wheel nuts, seats etc that they've produced. And seeing Purchase Orders from Mercedes, McLaren, Red Bull etc

I had to chuckle when they were giving their pitch though. They said that the budget caps in F1 means there's less opportunity for teams to spend money with a supplier like them. We were sat right next to a massive picture of a red bull F1 car
They saw the funny side when I said it didn't matter for these guys :) 

• Haha 1

Started to get excited about the season now. 2-3 weeks to Drive to survive and then first testing

Last year was a bit of a damp squib compared to the previous. Hoping this is a better year and its a lot closer. 

Early predictions are that Ferrari drop away slightly, Merc improve to take their spot and Red Bull are still the team to beat. Hoping someone in the midfield takes a step forward but struggling to see who it is. Alpine to be the best of rest this year.

Russell to beat Hamilton again this year as well.

Edited by AVFCDAN

On 03/01/2023 at 18:54, OutByEaster? said:

Surely it lacks straight line speed?

800px-ArtImage_T-60.png

That just reminds me of Wayne's World 2 when the roadie starts talking about machine gun nests. 

Can I just say that I am gutted about Jennie Gow's illness. 
I listened to the BBC F1 podcast religiously after each race. 

Hope she's well soon, and it's not taken too much of a toll. 

GWS!

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Red Bull have been faffing with engineer suppliers a big haven’t they? 

Renault, Honda, “Red Bull”, now Ford all in 7 or 8 years. 

Not really their own fault though. Renault were an incompetent waste of time at the time, and still kind of are to some extent, and Honda keep doing the hokey cokey with their participation in F1. They also can't be a customer to their main competition and expect to win the title. So they're having to do it the hard, more risky way. At least with Ford on-board they're back to a solid ground and a company with history.

• Like 1