Formula One - 2023

BOF

1 minute ago, BOF said:

And I've seen people allowing themselves to be tactically overtaken, because they get the DRS detection and can re-overtake on the 2nd straight. Can't remember which tracks that's possible at, but it's just another level of manufactured racing.

Yeah, I’ve seen this too. 

It’s worth cutting a corner to get ahead, be told to give the place back but to it just before a detection point so you can then re-take it with DRS. I’m sure the clever strategists plan this.

35 minutes ago, BOF said:

And I've seen people allowing themselves to be tactically overtaken, because they get the DRS detection and can re-overtake on the 2nd straight. Can't remember which tracks that's possible at, but it's just another level of manufactured racing.

Yeah Max and Lewis had a battle like this last season or the season before. I think it was Jeddah but can't be sure

Edited by Stevo985

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Max and Lewis had a battle like this last season or the season before. I think it was Jeddah but can't be sure

Was Verstappen and Leclerc, but yeah it was Jeddah. They both basically slammed their brakes on to be behind going in to DRS.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1