João Félix

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

He's hardly an obscure prospect from a small league that FM players get all hot and bothered over.  He's a €120m footballer who hasn't remotely lived up to his fee.   Yes, the price tag was inflated because the Neymar money was still sloshing around (PSG buy Neymar, Barcelona use the money to buy Coutinho and Griezmann,  Liverpool spend the Coutinho money in order to win the Premier League & Champions League, Atleti spend the Griezmann money on a squad player) but all of this hype is his agent trying to get him out of Atleti.  Problem is when you're wearing golden handcuffs there aren't many people in a position to unpick them.  Felix was never going to come to Villa,  if we were in the position that we'd been in under O'Neill with top six finishes and realistic ambitions of Champions League qualification then maybe we have a case but as a bottom half Premier League club who, while ambitious, haven't really shown much then the idea is laughable. It would be like us selling Coutinho to Burnley. 

couldn't agree more....but has UE even said he wants him?

I don't think he is the right player for Aston Villa...but hey ho.

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can only go by what I have seen........................Next.

1 World Cup game 😂😂

Yet were praising Wout Weghorst style of play.......after 1 World Cup game because he is a tall player

• Like 2

Felix needs to realise careers are very short in this game. Looking down on us means he is thinking purely like a celebrity, not an athlete or professional. If he doesn't drop the arrogance this will damage him. Get playing, build your portfolio on the pitch and prove you deserve all the stuff you dream of and want. Seems like Mendes get this and thinks we are the ideal club to bring that out of him.

If Felix does sign (very unlikely), I don't think he will hack it at VP IMO - will throw the towel in early. Unless there is a significant change in his maturity and attitude. Knuckle down kid. I believe humility is a key part to a successful mentality, which subsequently improves the chances of having a successful career. If I had a choice between a player like Felix or Milner, I would choose the latter every day of the week. Elite professional and mentality.

• Like 2

Just so I can join the smug crew, I bet on Atletico all the time in 20/21. I won a decent amount as I was all in on them winning the league. Can even provide proof if it's needed.

I've probably seen more of Joao than anyone. He hasn't scored 10 league goals in the last 4 seasons, if ever. 

When Atletico won the title it was hardly because of him, an aging Suarez did more.

Joao has never lived up to his price tag.

Ever....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just so I can join the smug crew, I bet on Atletico all the time in 20/21. I won a decent amount as I was all in on them winning the league. Can even provide proof if it's needed.

I've probably seen more of Joao than anyone. He hasn't scored 10 league goals in the last 4 seasons, if ever. 

When Atletico won the title it was hardly because of him, an aging Suarez did more.

Joao has never lived up to his price tag.

Ever....

Sounds like another ‘of the moment exotic foreigner’, one WC goal and we lose our minds? I think we need a different type of player - an orthodox winger/wide forward would be a good start. Would still like an imposing box to box midfield general, but doesn’t everyone?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yep not good enough for Villa but is for top of the table Arsenal. Makes sense

Similar when people were happy for Luiz to go to Arsenal in the summer

Nope not all, but Ive explained myself enough on this subject!

still don't think he'd come here but it would be one of, if not the biggest non sky 6 transfers in history. He'd immediately be our best player & probably one of the best players we've ever seen wear the shirt. Still, not going to happen though. 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Arsenal is an odd one because he’s not exactly a like for like replacement for Jesus which is the position that needs replacing. Do Felix and Odeggard fit in the same team together? 

Felix plays further forward than Odegaard.

Villa were probably used as bait.

#fishpun 

• Like 1

Â