World Cup: Matches

Genie

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I wonder if the ball is different for the world cup. KdB's crosses and free kicks have been way off his standard.

Didn't even know Trossard was playing, another class player invisible under Martinez. 

Trossard hasn’t been on the pitch that long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I wonder if the ball is different for the world cup. KdB's crosses and free kicks have been way off his standard.

Didn't even know Trossard was playing, another class player invisible under Martinez. 

Thought it last night in the Mexico v Poland game, both teams were under hitting crosses, wasn't just corners hitting thr first man it was general play too

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I think Hazard is done, wouldn't be shocked if he retires from international duty after the WC.

Like Coutinho he has not really had a great run of form since leaving the Premier League

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

Thank god we got Jermaine Jenas to tell us that KDB is human, however would we know. 

What an insufferable p*ick.

Call a spade a spade, he's going though the motions and looks like he can't be bothered at times off the ball and it's because his team mates are shite

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think Kevin is more of a " Grow into the tournament" type of player. Or even a game in general.

I don't think he's an exploding out the blocks type of player.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Kevin is more of a " Grow into the tournament" type of player. Or even a game in general.

I don't think he's an exploding out the blocks type of player.

some of his tracking back and off the ball stuff in the last 15 minutes was shocking, he didn't look a happy man who wanted to be there 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Here is one of the reasons for empty seats at certain matches mate.

Qatar stopped residents from birnging in family members during the Cup, due to World Cup traffic.

The only option local residents then had, was to purchase tickets, and get Hayya cards for their family member as " fans ".to be able to get them into the country.

So basically a shedload of tickets sold to people who have no intentions of going to matches.

Locals aren't happy about it.

Screenshot_20221123_194140_Facebook-min.jpg

You could just buy a ticket re sell it though. I got. Hayya card and entry permit (didn’t end up using it) and sold the ticket easy.

I did suggest that might be why it’s hard to buy tickets, because they’re all just cycling round people who want to enter Qatar. Which is ridiculous that people need to do just to enter the country, and yet apparently necessary due to the size of said country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was really looking forward to watching Canada and they haven't disappointed at all, been brilliant.

Feel a bit gutted for them, qualification was always going to be a stretch but I'll be hurting for them if they end up leaving without scoring somehow. They were set up very well tactically. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Feel a bit gutted for them, qualification was always going to be a stretch but I'll be hurting for them if they end up leaving without scoring somehow. They were set up very well tactically. 

They can cause Croatia plenty of issues if they take that level to that game, think that could be a 1-1 and they'll obviously look to Morocco as their most winnable game regardless.

Think though Croatia can beat Belgium so they're not fully in the clear yet.

I really thought Belgium would struggle with our pace, but I expected Davies and David to be a bit more clinical... A bit better finishing or even another pen or two that should have been awarded, and the narrative might be if Canada are dark horses for a deep run in the tournament

• Like 2