World Cup: Matches

Genie

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Here is one of the reasons for empty seats at certain matches mate.

Qatar stopped residents from birnging in family members during the Cup, due to World Cup traffic.

The only option local residents then had, was to purchase tickets, and get Hayya cards for their family member as " fans ".to be able to get them into the country.

So basically a shedload of tickets sold to people who have no intentions of going to matches.

Locals aren't happy about it.

Screenshot_20221123_194140_Facebook-min.jpg

Because the host country is too small?

Add it to the list...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Here is one of the reasons for empty seats at certain matches mate.

Qatar stopped residents from birnging in family members during the Cup, due to World Cup traffic.

The only option local residents then had, was to purchase tickets, and get Hayya cards for their family member as " fans ".to be able to get them into the country.

So basically a shedload of tickets sold to people who have no intentions of going to matches.

Locals aren't happy about it.

I guess this is a problem you get in a country where only about 10% of the population are actually Qatari and the rest are there to feed off the money.

Again it brings into question bringing the world cup to a country that doesn't have the infrastructure for a World Cup.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess this is a problem you get in a country where only about 10% of the population are actually Qatari and the rest are there to feed off the money.

Again it brings into question bringing the world cup to a country that doesn't have the infrastructure for a World Cup.

Money. It's all about the money.

Qatar is slightly larger than Yorkshire and it's hosting one of the biggest sporting competitions on the planet.

I am old and past it because this game has blown my mind on the following

Laporte is not French

Rodrigo is not South American

And Navas is Costa Rican

This stuff I would have known as a kid it hurts!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I am old and past it because this game has blown my mind on the following

Laporte is not French

Rodrigo is not South American

And Navas is Costa Rican

This stuff I would have known as a kid it hurts!

Laporte is French. And Spanish.

France never capped him and he switched to Spain.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I know Costa Rica have been shit, but Spain have been excellent.

Crazy how simple they make a 5 yard pass look, especially compared to Germany earlier, they play the right pass at the right time at a ridiculously high percentage

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I know Costa Rica have been shit, but Spain have been excellent.

It is very hard to know which is which with this game, will be curious to see how spain do in their next game. But you can never downplay a 7 -0 win really

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

It is very hard to know which is which with this game, will be curious to see how spain do in their next game. But you can never downplay a 7 -0 win really

Germany have to overhaul their shape, a proper 4 at the back 3 in midfield, those 3 could be kimmich, goretzka and gundogan which is pretty damn good, sacrifice an attacking midfielder

If Germany go with the same 3 at the back it'll be another shit show