World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The subs were atrocious, far too late. The Grealish sub appeared to be just taking the piss. Hopefully that's the last of Southgate

I'm just glad we took Maddison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Whats he done to say he should be starting or the first sub off the bench?

He's not in form or doing anything

He's a top player who has a skill set different from any other England player. When things aren't going your way, you try something different. Even when he was arguably the best player in the Country he was hardly getting a look in. You sound to me like you're hating on him for leaving us.

• Like 1

Better team all night. Probably the best we’ve ever played when losing a knockout game. Certainly that I can remember. 

Southgate not faultless though. Sterling was an odd choice. No Grealish until it was too late. Odd changes. 

Hard to be too critical after that though 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Southgate has got a contract until the Euros. Unfortunately, he’ll be going nowhere, the FA love him :(

And the England fans that tune in every 2 to 4 years and ignore everything else in between

The stat sheet still says best England manager ever

Just now, villa4europe said:

Again why would he? He's a bit part player for man City and not doing much in that role so why would he start or play a decent role for England?

That he should have played more for England 2 years ago when he tore it up for villa is irrelevant now

This game was crying out for him. I agree not as a starter but when France were on the ropes he would have made a difference. Foden offered next to nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lochheads twin said:

If Sterling and Mount was the answer, what on earth was the question.

Should have got that to extra time.

This is the problem with Southgate and proof we need a change. Brought on his favourites, we needed to win and he brings on his pal Sterling who actually did FA, an hasn't even trained,  when you have a bench full of players who have grafted for a week to get a game.

• Like 2

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I think Grealish really needs to do more when he gets the opportunity 

He's always too conservative for England. Same as he is at City now. Never takes shots or goes on mazy runs. Its like he's had his wings clipped. 

He'll never play as well as he did at Villa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Southgate has got a contract until the Euros. Unfortunately, he’ll be going nowhere, the FA love him :(

Yeah. I've no idea why people think he might be gone. 

TV people have been trumpeting his tournament finishes. I say he's had the best set of players we've possibly ever had at a time no national team is standing out and he's won **** all. 

• Like 2

I think England had the best squad in the competition, nobody has a bench as good as ours. Southgate might have the stats but he should have got closer given what he has to work with.

Poor against the US. Poor first half against Wales too.

• Like 1

It's a cruel game.

England the slightly better team on the whole.

Pickford a bit flat footed on the first goal.

Maguire let Giroud walk right by him for the second.

Dodgy ref.

Kane had a great game. Lost his concentration at the biggest moment. That will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Silver lining is this is probably curtains for Southgate who should have turned the screws when England scored and had all the momentum.

Get Deano in as England manager and win the Euros.