Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

All my Twitter finally automatically turned to ‘X’ this morning.  Strange to delete a brand name that dominates a sector and continues his strange ownership of the company.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I watched a documentary on him and one of the people interviewed said he was a straight up visionary and more of a genius than Albert Einstein.

It was his mum, but that shouldn’t make it any less valid an opinion.

I watched an interview about him where one of his Fox-fanboys were defending him. Talked about how amazing he is at physics and stuff, and then when the host asked if he knew who actually developed Tesla and Space X, the guy came up empty. 

Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning were the inventors of Tesla and are behind most of the innovations that came with it. Musk invested in it with money which he got from his parents and the sale of companies he had earlier. 

Tom Mueller is the brains behind Space X, and once again Musk is just the investor.

Musk is an investor, it stops there. He's got a bachelor in Economics and Physics, he's not an engineer. His parents wealth are from really dodgy African sources and Elon is nothing but a 1 percenter who's had luck with his investments.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Musk is an investor, it stops there. He's got a bachelor in Economics and Physics, he's not an engineer. His parents wealth are from really dodgy African sources and Elon is nothing but a 1 percenter who's had luck with his investments.

His physics degree is a BA, not a BSc.

He's BSc is in economics which appears to have provided a solid foundation for building Ponzis.

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Lol Christ it's amazing how easily people will pile in on those it's popular to hate.

Christ it's amazing how people acting like an absolute word removed spreading hate and discord makes it popular to hate them. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Lol Christ it's amazing how easily people will pile in on those it's popular to hate.

Why do you think Musk is such a top bloke? 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Christ it's amazing how people acting like an absolute word removed spreading hate and discord makes it popular to hate them. 

Surely Musk purchased  a platform , it’s the users that were spreading  and still spread the hate and discord  , rather than him ? 

But , I thought people  followed like minded people on Twitter and thus just saw inside their own bubbles on the whole ? Or does the algorithm deliberately fan the flames and show you stuff it knows will rile people ? 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Surely Musk purchased  a platform , it’s the users that were spreading  and still spread the hate and discord  , rather than him ? 

But , I thought people  followed like minded people on Twitter and thus just saw inside their own bubbles on the whole ? Or does the algorithm deliberately fan the flames and show you stuff it knows will rile people ? 

You've not actually read the thing's he himself personally X's then?

Better sit down 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He's an active and persistent transphobe.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You've not actually read the thing's he himself personally X's then?

Better sit down 

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's an active and persistent transphobe.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

and fuels conspiracy theories 

Fair enough … I don’t use it ( though I have sneaked in for FPL cheats as everyone else is 😛 ) so other than calling the Thai diver a  paedo and the subsequent court case , I don’t really know what he says …. Sounds like it’s best left that way 

Edited by tonyh29

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66376988

X Corp sues anti-hate campaigners over Twitter research

The firm that owns Twitter, now called X, is suing an anti-hate organisation whose research criticised the platform.

X Corp has accused the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), which has offices in the US and the UK, of "unlawful acts" to "improperly gain access" to its data.

In response, CCDH accused X Corp owner, Elon Musk, of trying to silence anyone who criticised him.

CCDH is a not-for-profit organisation that researches and campaigns against online hate. Its reports have been widely cited in the press, including by the BBC. Conservative MP Damian Collins serves on its UK board. "I think it's extraordinary that Elon Musk has done this. It's almost like a form of 'lawfare', where a very well-resourced organisation is threatening a very small one",the former minister told The Times

The chief executive of CCDH, Imran Ahmed, said in a statement: "Elon Musk's latest legal threat is straight out of the authoritarian playbook - he is now showing he will stop at nothing to silence anyone who criticises him."

Â