The Tea thread

StewieGriffin

Firstly, apologies if there is an existing one but I couldn't see one...

Anyway, I love a cup of tea! How do we all take it? Sugar? Sweeteners? Milky? Black? What brand? Big cup or small cup? Choice of accompanying biscuit?

I go for 2 sweeteners (or 1 sugar, depending on availability), with just enough milk for the tea to turn a nutty looking colour. Bag of choice is a Cornish Smugglers Brew (in-laws live in Newquay and once I tried some I rarely drink anything else) with an occasional custard cream. Heaven.

Id say I probably get through 8 cups a day if Im working, and 10-15 if Im on a day off.

• Like 1

My old boss liked his tea so weak that you had to keep the teabag on one side when you filled his cup. 

Literally dip the teabag in the water twice, then add the milk. 

Looked weaker than my piss. 

I'm not a big tea drinker at all, once a month type of thing though I will go for it where the coffee is likely to be diobolical or its red top milk. 

I'll have it medium. Not builders tar tea, not my bosses tea. Just a decent bit of color to it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I won an award at work a couple of years ago that saw me go down to The Ritz in Laaaandan for a tea experience with their chief tea bloke.  What a load of old bollocks that was though the cakes were rather good

It was cool getting in the Taxi at Euston and saying "The Ritz please" 

• Haha 1

All about the pyramid bags. Left to brew in the water for at least two minutes and then squeezed hard when taking it out (Kenneth). Dash of milk. One sugar if I feel as though I need a bit more energy but generally have it without. I drink 4/5 cups a day.
Often have a coffee from my Nespresso machine in the AM as well. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

PG tips

Milk semi skimmed

No sugar 

Used to have two sugars. Then oscillated between one sugar and a sweetener, hearing contrasting pros and cons for both before deciding that drinking it without either was the way to go.

Can’t imagine drinking it with sugar now.

Made in either a pot or a mug, depending on the company. 

The milk goes in after the tea.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My old boss liked his tea so weak that you had to keep the teabag on one side when you filled his cup. 

Literally dip the teabag in the water twice, then add the milk. 

Exactly how my wife has her tea. Mine is only very slightly stronger. Can't stand the tannic taste of strong tea. 

• Like 1

Been drinking Yorkshire Tea Biscuit flavour recently. It’s godly. It may have ruined normal tea for me. Not everyone will like it though, it may be a bit divisive. 

spacer.png

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

PG tips

Milk semi skimmed

No sugar 

Used to have two sugars. Then oscillated between one sugar and a sweetener, hearing contrasting pros and cons for both before deciding that drinking it without either was the way to go.

Can’t imagine drinking it with sugar now.

Made in either a pot or a mug, depending on the company. 

Saved me the bother of writing (exactly) this myself. 

• Like 1

PG tips, semi skimmed milk, brew for a minute or so, no squeezing, no sugar

Drink as soon as the bag’s out, with a bit of practice you will avoid severe burns and impress people who leave it to go cold

Never ever reheat in microwave or drink lukewarm, that is disgusting

Also people who just drink half of it are bad people 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Firstly, apologies if there is an existing one but I couldn't see one...

Anyway, I love a cup of tea! How do we all take it? Sugar? Sweeteners? Milky? Black? What brand? Big cup or small cup? Choice of accompanying biscuit?

I go for 2 sweeteners (or 1 sugar, depending on availability), with just enough milk for the tea to turn a nutty looking colour. Bag of choice is a Cornish Smugglers Brew (in-laws live in Newquay and once I tried some I rarely drink anything else) with an occasional custard cream. Heaven.

Id say I probably get through 8 cups a day if Im working, and 10-15 if Im on a day off.

This is the thread that my inner Anglophile has awaited my entire life. Glorious. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I didn't mention that in the OP because I assumed it was natural to do this. Found out my in-laws go milk first and now get up early when we visit so I can make the tea and have at least one proper cup 😂

As an aside, they use UHT milk - I might have married into pure evil.

• Haha 2

Â