The Tea thread

StewieGriffin

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

I didn't mention that in the OP because I assumed it was natural to do this. Found out my in-laws go milk first and now get up early when we visit so I can make the tea and have at least one proper cup 😂

As an aside, they use UHT milk - I might have married into pure evil.

I think it may be even worse than that

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

The tea thread is, appropriately,  hot right now. 

I end up drinking a lot of cold tea at the moment. Consequence of toddler and baby in the house. But still good.

is that because you are so busy your tea goes cold?, or that you have some wappy OCD where you are so scared of scalding a child you make it cold!?

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

is that because you are so busy your tea goes cold?, or that you have some wappy OCD where you are so scared of scalding a child you make it cold!?

The first one. Though oddly enough I seem to remember drinking more cold tea last time round.  

Edited by one_ian_taylor

Earl Grey, one sugar, three sweeteners, a tiny dash of skimmed milk. 

Has to be Twinings or Tetley, most cheaper versions don't taste of bergamot at all. 

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Earl Grey, one sugar, three sweeteners, a tiny dash of skimmed milk. 

Has to be Twinings or Tetley, most cheaper versions don't taste of bergamot at all. 

Moved out of the wood and you’ve gone all posh 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

As an aside, they use UHT milk - I might have married into pure evil

I changed to uht milk years ago, because it lasts longer and I use so little. Obviously it tastes different at first, but I got used to it quickly and it’s fine.

As for tea, clipper fair trade tea ( I won a year’s supply once) or twinings and sometimes green tea. Like an earl grey, too.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Moved out of the wood and you’ve gone all posh 

Ha 😁

Been drinking Earl Grey since I saw Captain Picard supping it on Star Trek TNG, and that started in 1987

spacer.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

I won an award at work a couple of years ago that saw me go down to The Ritz in Laaaandan for a tea experience with their chief tea bloke.  What a load of old bollocks that was though the cakes were rather good

It was cool getting in the Taxi at Euston and saying "The Ritz please" 

Yeah I did that once for my Mum's birthday. They wouldn't even let me take my jacket off (I was wearing a shirt and tie underneath, not just a wife beater) which put me off tbh.  

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tea bag first, then hot water before taking tea bag out pretty much straight away after giving it a squeeze . Then add milk , no sugar. Weak tea .

I like my tea like that.A perfect cup of tea.At a restaurant I tell the waiter I like my tea so weak,its helpless.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I like my tea like that.A perfect cup of tea.At a restaurant I tell the waiter I like my tea so weak,its helpless.

Rarely have hot drinks in a restaurant. Maybe a latte or something like that. Tea with a fry up though definitely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I prefer nice tea obviously , but I buy Morrisons cheap brand. It tastes alright enough. Mother in law hates it though .

That must make you very sad.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I had a mate who drank weak tea, he used to say just “threaten it with a teabag”. 

• Haha 1

Â