The Tea thread

StewieGriffin

20 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Been drinking Yorkshire Tea Biscuit flavour recently. It’s godly. It may have ruined normal tea for me. Not everyone will like it though, it may be a bit divisive. 

spacer.png

Picked some up today. Along with the toast and jam flavour. 

I’m pretty much all coffee (filter, black) but the half a dozen times a year I have tea, it’s:

English breakfast or Earl Grey, leave the bag in (a few minutes at least, if not all together), couple of sweeteners and a splash of milk. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

MrsVM and me have the spoon system to tell whether the sugar is already in the teas if we find them half made and brewing on the side whereby the spoon will be in one of them if the sugar is already in.

Proper builders tea ftw.

I do like a pot of tea made with one 'normal' tea bag and one earl grey - or if like me you have a massive mug as big as two cups of tea I do like a half and half.

I used to drink coffee all the time and now it's tea.

I'm normally a cappuccino addict, however the missus has twisted my arm (and about 20 others by the looks of things) and hosting a garden tea party next week for this coronation celebration bollocks.

I was soon won over though realising there will be finger sandwiches and cakes involved.

I've just been sent to the local Asda today to stock up.  She better keep them locked away until next week is all I can say.

Spoiler

PG Tips pyramid bags all the way though if I ever have a cup of the stuff.

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Sure as hell, beats "toe"sandwiches.

And there was me thinking you were the only one who got me!

What the hell?

Why doesn't "enter forrin place name" know what a sausage roll is?

English breakfast tea....with an English breakfast, now I wonder what would be the ideal English breakfast...? 🤔...............................................................

....oh no what have I done!!!.....I may have inadvertently started the English breakfast thread up again 😟       ssshhhh maybe nobody noticed........

23 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

And there was me thinking you were the only one who got me!

What the hell?

Why doesn't "enter forrin place name" know what a sausage roll is?

Toe sandwiches.What a neat way to kick off a new day.

• 1 year later...

need help. what's everyone's typical everyday brew brand? pg tips went to shit so we've been trying various others (tetley, yorkshire...both regular and gold) and just don't like any of them. anyone swear by any others? supermarket brands etc? thanks in advance

PG tips. Haven’t noticed any change.

But, along with the disdain for Cadbury chocolate that’s often seen on here, I’ve come to the conclusion my taste buds aren’t sensitive or sophisticated enough to gauge when something isn’t as good as it once was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

need help. what's everyone's typical everyday brew brand? pg tips went to shit so we've been trying various others (tetley, yorkshire...both regular and gold) and just don't like any of them. anyone swear by any others? supermarket brands etc? thanks in advance

Clipper Everyday tea, and not just because I once won an absolute ton of their tea bags. Also it’s fair trade organic free range and dolphin friendly, probably. But it tastes of tea, like tea should.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

PG tips. Haven’t noticed any change.

But, along with the disdain for Cadbury chocolate that’s often seen on here, I’ve come to the conclusion my taste buds aren’t sensitive or sophisticated enough to gauge when something isn’t as good as it once was.

Slightly off topic, but what are your thoughts on fizzy drinks with normal sugar vs sweeteners? Some people can't tell the difference but personally I can't stand the taste of sweeteners. It's ruined some of my favourite drinks over the years. 

Â