Unai Emery

PeterSw

32 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Finally, a proper manager.

Started 433, raced into a 2-0 lead; changed to 4231 to solidify, concede a jammy goal on half-time; come out at 442 to be able to counter-attack, score again; back to 4231 to see the game out.

And he's got that into them in less than a week.

There are some good players at Aston Villa Football Club. Under Unai Emery, we're about to find out just how good.

And I wasn’t just the formational change. The approach throughout. The front foot attacking to start, the counter attacking when needed and then the game management for a brief spell in the second half when it looked like UTD maybe gaining a bit of momentum. 

Im not exaggerating, that was the most complete performance I’ve seen at VP for as long as I can remember. 

Stunning, absolutely stunning. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Impressed by the movement all over the pitch and how we managed to play out from the back effectively, just to see the players know their roles and fit into the right shape, incredible.

Konsa made some great runs going forward! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

4-4-2

Watkins Bailey
Buendia- Luiz- Dendoncker- Ramsey
Digne- Mings- Konsa Cash

Cash stayed back. 2 CM's played a lot deeper. Buendia come in the middle a lot, Watkins and Bailey pushed wide a lot. Floating but most of the time it was a 4-4-2 Like seen in video I posted below.

That vlog by Tifo gave a really good explanation as to how Unai will set us up. The flexibility of this system is very interesting. At last we have coach who knows what he’s doing and can adapt the style during a game.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

And I wasn’t just the formational change. The approach throughout. The front foot attacking to start, the counter attacking when needed and then the game management for a brief spell in the second half when it looked like UTD maybe gaining a bit of momentum. 

Im not exaggerating, that was the most complete performance I’ve seen at VP for as long as I can remember. 

Stunning, absolutely stunning. 

I agree. It was a much stiffer test than Brentford in all fairness and there were periods where concentration levels need to be high. For the first time in a long time we can honestly say more than anything, concentration did not drop throughout the game. Even their goal was fortunate. I think apart from individual performances the collective performance from back to front was tip top. 

• Like 1

2 things I took from that. 

1) The players have been underperforming and they are still underperforming - We’ve just beaten UTD 3-1 and he still wants more. 

2) I’m a privileged man to be here - No mate, we’re bloody privileged to have you here. 

Absolutely elite manager. 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

44864E49-78FC-48C7-ACAB-E7BFDCAF7493.jpeg.edb794581f5e659717137eda73e038ca.jpeg

Far too purple. When will the club get claret right?

Also, we need to forget about the star and leave it out. Yellow just bleeds around the edges anyway.

Oh wait, wrong thread...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

What a waste it was keeping that fraud in charge for how long we did, was nice to see a proper manager in the technical area dishing out instructions and one that actually used all 5 subs, superb start long may it continue 

Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward. Gerrard failure was all part of the process!

Â