Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for that second season collapse the Arsenal fans bleat on about. Maybe it's all going to happen on the final day, with Manchester United also pipping us to 4th as was preordained.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

First born is being called Unai regardless of whether it's a boy or girl

"do you, like the name Emma? We can shorten it to Em?" 

Once you've sold it... 

"why does the birth certificate say Emery?" 

"dunno, must be a mistake but we definitely still call her Em so don't worry about changing it" 

Easy

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

First born is being called Unai regardless of whether it's a boy or girl

Emery if it’s a girl

• Haha 1

How can one man make such a difference,  its quite incredible,  I don't think anyone has ever changed any club so much over such a short time scale, is there anyone even close? Howe maybe? 

• Like 1

Will Unai win Manager of the Season?

Surely has to. This is a bigger achievement than what Eddie Howe did last season considering our involvement in Europe and the injuries we had.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Surely has to. This is a bigger achievement than what Eddie Howe did last season considering our involvement in Europe and the injuries we had.

Spent less than Howe too 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

You know Howe didn't win it either, right? It almost always just goes to the manager of the team who wins the league

I think Emery might be in with a shot assuming Man City win the title, if Arsenal do I reckon Arteta gets it

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You know Howe didn't win it either, right? It almost always just goes to the manager of the team who wins the league

I think Emery might be in with a shot assuming Man City win the title, if Arsenal do I reckon Arteta gets it

The thing with Howe and Newcastle is I think they were given a lot more respect than we have been given for what is two pretty similar journeys just a year apart. I remember there being loads more on sky about Newcastle fighting the top 4 teams and giving it a real go but with us it seems to have almost gone under the radar because it was so inevitable that these “amazing” Utd and spurs sides will catch us and we will have had a fantastic season coming 6th. Now we are in the top 4 it hardly seems to have been mentioned probably because of City but still it’s an incredible achievement since Emery came in more so in my view than Howe at Newcastle which was a big achievement in its own right but Emery has done all of this with a lot of the same players that had us 17th in October 2022

• Like 1

didnt someone say Villa were doing their own internal recording/documentary of this season? (like Sunderland Till i die, & the Spurs one - All or Nothing.......LOL)

that would be a watch if so?!!?

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m glad we got Gerrard when we did. If we got a proper manager he likely wouldn’t have lost his job so quickly and we wouldn’t have got Emery.

Gerrard was part of the process. 

I choose to completely ignore that time with Gerrard the fraud. Never happened.

To me we replaced Deano with Unai, who was able to continue and improve upon what Deano started.

• Like 3

He is a revelation and inspiration beyond just football The way he carries himself and represents our club is something to be proud of. What a guy. Thank you Unai, we love your more than you will know!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Has to be PL manager of the year. 

If it goes to the detestable, bald, cheating fraud again they f*** off.

Yep I can't have Pep winning it over Unai. That would be bullshit.

Arteta I could stomach IF they win the league. Even though I think what Unai has done is better, I could understand that.

But Pep just coasting to another title doesn't deserve the accolade over Unai whatsoever

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

"do you, like the name Emma? We can shorten it to Em?" 

Once you've sold it... 

"why does the birth certificate say Emery?" 

"dunno, must be a mistake but we definitely still call her Em so don't worry about changing it" 

Easy

I like the name Emma-Marie. Yeah really nice ring to it.

Emma-Marie. Emma-Marie

Emmamarie. Emmarie. Emarie

You know... Emmary. Emery

So we're settled on Emery?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m glad we got Gerrard when we did. If we got a proper manager he likely wouldn’t have lost his job so quickly and we wouldn’t have got Emery.

Gerrard was part of the process. 

4D chess from big daddy Nas.

• Like 1

Â