Unai Emery

PeterSw

2 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I love EmeryCam
Celebrates more than the fans
I would love him to be my boss - I would keep looking over at him when a spreadsheet balances to see whether he's give me the clap ;) 

Errr love him but I wouldn’t want him as my boss, he wouldn't leave the office, first in last out and so demanding. Continual  improvement, right first time, push push push. Great in a sports environment but in an office.....NO!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it now... 52 league games, and 104 points?

We deserve top 4!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

What is it now... 52 league games, and 104 points?

We deserve top 4!

I’m not ruling out the league. If we go on the same kind of run  as last year which it looks like we are, you never know

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What gets me about Unai is that we all know that the second half tonight wasn’t good enough. With other managers, i’d be worried that they’d settle for the first half showing and move on, but you just know Unai has seen that weakness and will analyse the sh*t out of it. 

So when we rescue three points from these awful moments performance-wise, it’s always in the back of my head that Unai can use it as a genuine learning experience. I’m probably being a bit bleary eyed but I don’t know if I’ve ever had such faith in a manager before. 

• Like 4

I just think that some subs should have come earlier. Tim, Dinge in particular. Those two should’ve come while we were winning. But can’t complain we got the win and Emery is brilliant. 

7 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I just think that some subs should have come earlier. Tim, Dinge in particular. Those two should’ve come while we were winning. But can’t complain we got the win and Emery is brilliant. 

Yeah agree. From the touchline though guess it's a bit of tightrope. Unai probably giving as much time as possible to weather the storm. Although we didn't do ourselves any favours the ref really played onto their hands but it's not an excuse for how rash we were. Another massive 3 points though so all good!

• Like 1

Feel he needs to react quicker with changes, seems very reluctant to use the bench at times.

If you are going to make subs when it goes to 2-2, why not make them at 2-1 when the pressure was increasing and we could all see a goal was coming? 

On 28/02/2024 at 11:29, TRO said:

Oops....go easy on me.

73 today.

Happy birthday!

What am impact this man has had on our club..... and you TRO 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

52 league games in charge of Villa. 104 points.  Exactly 2 points per game  

25 games last season 49 points

27 this season 55 points. 

Genius

25 games last season 49 points - 1.96 PPG

27 this season 55 points - 2.04 PPG

He is getting even better as we go along. Can’t wait for next seasons PPG!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

52 league games in charge of Villa. 104 points.  Exactly 2 points per game  

25 games last season 49 points

27 this season 55 points. 

Genius

The last manager to take this many Premier League points for us was MON

Seems like every time we have a bit of a wobble under him (and relatively, they really have been just wobbles, and nothing compared to the kind of poor runs we used to go on occasionally under basically every previous manager), we bounce back very strongly.

Worth bearing in mind for future.

Â