Unai Emery

PeterSw

5 hours ago, jayEm said:

It's insane that he's done so well with a a back four that needs changing every week due to injuries, and the loss of Buendia and now Kamara. Must be a complete nightmare to work with that but he does it without complaining.

It's incredible.

Must spread confidence throughout the club.

He's got every excuse available to him and refuses to give any.

We accept and deal with it.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/02/2024 at 07:05, TreeVillan said:

Bayern would be stupid not to consider him.

Bayern are a basket, about to graduate to become a basket case. He won't be leaving us for something so whimsical.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I was coming into the thread to ask about this. From the North Stand we could see Unai was going mental at someone on the bench but couldn’t see who it was or why. It went on for ages though, I’d love to know what triggered it. 

From what I remember, Moreno had made some sort of mistake just before and Unai lost his rag a bit. I think Digne was either taking the bullet for him as part of the left back union or being told he's going to be coming on for him.  Ended up changing it straight after the yellow card in the second half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

From what I remember, Moreno had made some sort of mistake just before and Unai lost his rag a bit. I think Digne was either taking the bullet for him as part of the left back union or being told he's going to be coming on for him.  Ended up changing it straight after the yellow card in the second half.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

'lovely funny scene ' & 'the whole bench was laughing'?! Absolutely no one was laughing in that video footage. Sounds more like Quentin has been given a line to feed the press from the club to brush the incident off. It's quite clear Emery is arguing with Digne and no amount of revisionism will convince me otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

'lovely funny scene ' & 'the whole bench was laughing'?! Absolutely no one was laughing in that video footage. Sounds more like Quentin has been given a line to feed the press from the club to brush the incident off. It's quite clear Emery is arguing with Digne and no amount of revisionism will convince me otherwise.

What do you mean look. They're all rolling around laughing...

He's getting a bollocking.

Edited by Tomaszk

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

To be fair, Digne was having a laugh. It did look like Emery was scolding him for something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

😂 Since Moreno was way on the other side of Villa Park's massive pitch Digne had to catch the fury meant for Moreno. You could see Lucas was so close to cracking a smile but knew if he wanted on that pitch he better just take it quietly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

What do you mean look. They're all rolling around laughing...

He's getting a bollocking.

looks at Diaby, at exactly 4 seconds.

He 100% has the look of..."oh f*** im sitting next to the naughty kid about to get told off", if i just sit here as still as a stone, it wont come my way......

• Haha 3

Digne's smile clearly tells you it wasn't serious. No matter what the rest of the bench thought,  Digne didn't seem to mind.

As per Emery's comments, it was explaining what Moreno had done, and why it was wrong. Digne either didn't agree, didn't care, or knew it already and didn't need to be told it but was happy that he was on the same wavelength as Emery.

I predict it was the latter. "No shit boss, he just gave the ball away, I know not to do that'

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

It definitely happened immediately after Forest's joke of a cross field pass, so it's hard to think it wasn't linked. Could be that Digne shouted something like 'These are ****'. Emery didn't like his lack of respect for the opposition, knowing it could lead to Villa players taking it easier and Forest players increasing their efforts to prove Digne's comment wrong. Not sure how that links to Digne's "When? When?" and smirk though.

Whatever happened, it obviously wasn't a major issue, as Emery still felt able to call on Digne for his 35 minutes substitute appearance.

57 minutes ago, brommy said:

It definitely happened immediately after Forest's joke of a cross field pass, so it's hard to think it wasn't linked. Could be that Digne shouted something like 'These are ****'. Emery didn't like his lack of respect for the opposition, knowing it could lead to Villa players taking it easier and Forest players increasing their efforts to prove Digne's comment wrong. 

What a strange thing to make up

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The photo sequence is hilarious:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's my new avatar, folks. Luca seems like such a great guy to me. Always the consummate professional, but still very youthful and sweet in ways, too. And so hard-working. What I see here is great footballer a little shocked and amused but also respectful towards the gaffer. Seems like they have a good relationship, actually. It's good to be so expressive. It tells me that Unai respects his players but isn't afraid to express his needs and has a very clear plan.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Unai was probably saying "look, see that? That's what you're not supposed to do" before hooking Moreno. 

I doubt he was berating Digne as much as people would love that to be the case.

Sometimes if you get mad at one of the kids, you get mad at all the kids.

• Haha 1

Â