Unai Emery

PeterSw

Random observation about The Don - he’s never seen having a jolly watching other teams play ‘scouting’ them. Strikes me as the type of guy who would rather dissect video footage and not waste 2 hours travelling to the M6 or wherever. Little things like this from him make all the difference in his commitment and work ethic towards the Villa cause. Legend. 

• Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Random observation about The Don - he’s never seen having a jolly watching other teams play ‘scouting’ them. Strikes me as the type of guy who would rather dissect video footage and not waste 2 hours travelling to the M6 or wherever. Little things like this from him make all the difference in his commitment and work ethic towards the Villa cause. Legend. 

He's all business. The anti-Gerrard.

I just don't see him leaving.

There's genuinely nowhere else in World football where he can has what he has at Villa. The club is built around him, he's been given the keys and the owners clearly love and trust the guy.

Most 'bigger' clubs, the owners run the club and you have to make do with what you've got. Here, he can do things his own way, with decent finances. It's a really perfect match for everyone involved.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, burchy said:

Bloody hell, reading that gave me goosebumps. I've run out of superlatives for this man. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, burchy said:

Unai said, "When I arrived here and started working with the players, they were progressively getting more comfortable being high."

Anybody else starting to think that Jack would fit perfectly into this system after all?

Edited by Lunarsea
  • Haha 4

i think the problem Emery will have to solve, is that we dont have the flair/guile/intelligent players to break down a team that plays compact and plays low block.

we are very good in transition and in the break, but when teams sit back we just dont have the guile to break teams down.

we need to get a player or two in who have that guile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It’s been an epic run. However that result will be hurting Don Unai. He will have learnt a lot about who can handle the pressure of high expectation. 

He wants CL football this season and eventually the league title. 

But that hurt him today. 

It felt, to me, as if the lack of high tempo play, which is unusual when we play at home, was all about energy reservation, knowing we have 3 games quickly in succession. My gut is, if we have learnt anything from the Don, that he'll take a point yesterday of it means we take Man Utd's scalp and thus increase any gap between them. I think you'll see a far more on the front foot higher energy Villa on Boxing Day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

It’s been an epic run. However that result will be hurting Don Unai. He will have learnt a lot about who can handle the pressure of high expectation. 

But that hurt him today. 

Yep and I almost feel sorry for Man Utd because Emery will even more determined to rip them a new one!!! 😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

But that hurt him today. 

He's got some big unsentimental decisions to make now that doesn't disrupt the team togetherness. Cash needs to be phased out, Ramsey needs to be coming off the bench until the ring-rust has gone, Diaby needs to be brought back into form, he needs to bring a couple of quality reinforcements in January,

I'm sure he's up to the task - but I'll be worried if none of the above have happened a month from now. 

Â