Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

He’s done this without an overhaul of the team. Mental. 

This! ^^^^^^

These are players that so many people were willing to discard plenty of, myself included. Now, they look unbeatable with a proper manager and coaching team to work with. 

You could tell right from the start of his tenure here that this man makes a difference. The way he arranged the players from the touchline was completely different from what we've seen here.

He is a genius and we absolutely have to back Unai in the summer and see where this legend can take us. I love him! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To have us consistently in Champions League form for such a sustained period of time is impressive, but it's even more impressive that he's done it after walking in on the mess Gerrard left with the season already well under way and confidence through the floor. His impact was instant but it's also been sustained.

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Jesus: he's buying time!? **** hell we can be a tough crowd.

Didn't mean it like that.

I meant he's earning plenty of plus points to cover himself if and when we do have a little slump. Even if we do have a slump I dont think it would change anything. He already had big respect, he's only adding to that now

Our away form is ridiculously sensational under him.

6 wins from just 8 games.

Won away to Spurs, Chelsea and Brighton.

Chelsea for all their issues have only lost two home games since early November (other was to Southampton).

Only team so far to win at Goodison since Dyche rocked up there.

There's no way you can write us off at likes of Man. United and Liverpool in run in with spirit and game knowledge we now have on the road.

Just a reminder....1 point from the Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Forest away games in opening two months. Enough to make you weep as the two managers we've had this season are lightyears apart in approach and achievement.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"TAKE BAILEY OFF UNAI!  TAKE HIM OFF!"
"No.  We must wait.  The time is not now."
"UNAI, GET BAILEY OFF.  HE'S DONE!  ARGH, JUST WASTED ANOTHER CHANCE"
*Emery has a vision*
"UNAI, GET BAILEY OFFFFF!"
"It is time."

He knew.  He always knew.

I remember Mourinho in his early days.  His team was losing and he made a triple substitution (when you could only make 3 in total) and it immediately changed the game, they scored and went on to win the game.  And I was in awe because I had never seen a triple substitution before.  And how did he know that they would score once he made those changes. 

Â