Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

What a manager! He improved every single one of our players.
We all wrote off Mcginn. Many wrote off Watkins, Mings, Konsa, Buendia, Luiz. Look at them now. 
and what a signing Moreno was.

Me included, perhaps Mings aside who I’ve always had a soft spot for.

Luiz, McGinn and Konsa have gone up several gears since Emery came in. 

It’s been a truly outstanding appointment. If we can just get it right in the Summer, we’ll have a good go at being genuine top 6 contenders next season. 

• Like 2

We've seen plenty of short lived new manager bounces over the past 10+ years. This isn't that.

This is a genuinely world class manager improving and coaching the players he has to be the best they can be.

I'm not saying we will get into the top six any time soon (I don't think we will) but we can certainly be the best of the rest very easily.

• Like 1

I can actually see how we are trying to play. I genuinely couldn’t see a style or solid coaching with any of our recent managers, even Deano to an extent. Imagine what he can do once he gets the players on he wants over the next couple of transfer windows.

• Like 2

His formula is consistent and it works. When we apply it we become impossible to outplay. The only thing that damages it is individual mistakes, and boy will they be ironed out in the months ahead.

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He’s made us the most competitive we have been since Martin O’Neill

But with a more everlasting style. If Unai left tomorrow for some bizarre reason a competent manager could build on it

Under MON was a house of cards

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But with a more everlasting style. If Unai left tomorrow for some bizarre reason a competent manager could build on it

Under MON was a house of cards

Its not a style built on favourites is it. Tactics are something we have never as a club been associated with very much. 

I feel that we have one of the best coaching set ups in the Prem now. Emery has added Pako Ayestaran to Villanueva who has been with him since Valencia. 

Some scary experience and ability with those 2 and Emery. 

With no disrespect meant we have gone from the ex Walsall coaches to the ex Liverpool and PSG coaches. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not trying to claim he's the best manager in the world, but I don't think there is any manager out there that I'd trade him for. Fantastic appointment and the guy I really wanted.

He suits us and I think we suit him. That’s a quality that isn’t necessarily found in PPG, win ratios, trophies won. It’s something else.

Symbiosis, for want of a better word.

• Like 2

Saw this midweek and couldn’t help but get annoyed at the disrespect towards Emery. Seen as a failure in England for what he “failed” to achieve with this very squad. I hope and believe it motivates him with us now in his second spell in England and I’m all here for it. What a manager. 

CF5DBB67-9935-46E2-83AB-FC3411BF4EA4.jpeg

Â