Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

One of the things that Emery keeps repeating is how demanding he is and will be of the players.

I love that - constant improvement is required and he'll do his best to ensure that happens.

And I get the impression he makes demands on the players that they actually enjoy and respond well to. It’s not like Gerrard coming in and trying to be the ranting disciplinarian, making loads of pointless rules, and losing the dressing room as soon as results dip.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

One of the things that Emery keeps repeating is how demanding he is and will be of the players.

I love that - constant improvement is required and he'll do his best to ensure that happens.

I noticed this too in the Southampton pre match presser. Must have said "demanding" five or six times. I absolutely LOVE to hear it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its so exciting as if he can do this with gerrards team imagine what what emery can do with a emery team

I think to a large extent the premier League is a bit of a myth and bar the top few there's a lot of not particularly good teams, or teams that have good parts but are imbalanced or have big weaknesses. That's why a competent team with few stars can thrive, like Newcastle, Brentford, Fulham this season. If you're competent and have some great players and a great squad you'll do some serious damage in the league especially if some so called big clubs are going through turmoil (Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U probably starting to come through their rough decade sadly). And I don't doubt Emery can get us there.

Edited by VillaJ100

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I have absolutely no idea what is being said here. Am I the only one? 

We’ve go super Unai Emery

He knows what he’s doing 

Konsa at the back

Bailey in attack

We’ve got super Unai Emery

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Unaiversity is making progress.

Its not to say we will get into Europe or ever push the top 4, I don't think we will, but we can push to be the best of the rest.

I totally agree for this season, but next get on the rollercoaster

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We’ve go super Unai Emery

He knows what he’s doing 

Konsa at the back

Bailey in attack

He knows exactly what we need

Konsa at the back

Bailey in attack

Villa's gonna win Europa league (?)

• Thanks 1

I can't help but think that Unai looked at Ings' salary and jumped for joy when West Ham asked about him. 

I'm sure we can all imagine a better striker for £100,000 pw wages under Unai. 

Best manager we've had since Sir Ron. Great tactician. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

A little different when sitting in sub-zero temperatures

Next time, I'll put my tele outside to show a little solidarity with the proletariat back home for the Leicester game. My problem was I thought today's game was similar to the Wolves game. The Fulham game is the only one where I think the players might have given less than 100 %. But even then I suspect they would disagree with me. I am arguing against judging people ... but opinions are fair game I gather.

And closer to being back on topic

This was my prediction back in August:

image.png.3b8a8aece7f1dcf4ec212d688a930cb7.png

The postponed Leicester game, I have set at zero for the moment.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Next time, I'll put my tele outside to show a little solidarity with the proletariat back home for the Leicester game. My problem was I thought today's game was similar to the Wolves game. The Fulham game is the only one where I think the players might have given less than 100 %. But even then I suspect they would disagree with me. I am arguing against judging people ... but opinions are fair game I gather.

And closer to being back on topic

This was my prediction back in August:

image.png.3b8a8aece7f1dcf4ec212d688a930cb7.png

The postponed Leicester game, I have set at zero for the moment.

I love the prediction.. but… you did this whilst Stevie G was in-charge.. I’m not sure even Emery will be able to cross that prediction line

I just love him 😍😍 he has given me my Villa back. The way he has improved the team using basically the same players is just amazing.

We have a clear game plan and enhanced tactics, you can see that the players know what to do and are well drilled, as important, our tactics and formation changes during the game. He really is a world class manager, whereas Gerrard stood still, hand on cheek looking lost, or sitting grumpy in the dugout, and whereas Steve Bruce stood and just barked, Emery is constantly focused and active, gives instructions to the players all the time, walks back and fourth and you can litteraly see his brain going on overdrive to out think the opponent.

The period in the second half between 50-60 mis was some of the best passing play I've seen us play. Say what you want about us being lucky with decisions, we had 63% possession away, 556-320 in passes and16-8 in shots, we controlled the game and bossed them and fully deserved to win. 

27 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Emery is a shoe-in for Manager of the Month surely?

Stands a good chance, 3 wins and a draw. Both Brentford and Man Utd have won 2 out of 2 this month (both playing tomorrow and fwiw both won very late on in December). Forest have won 2, drawn 2 in January.

I don’t know how much damage the cup game inflicted. I know (or assume) it’s based on league results, but I think if they had to weigh it up when making a decision, an cup exit like that would be in the back of their minds.

Â