Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from Konza:

”There’s a lot of information. We have meetings now which are really long – I couldn’t tell you how long exactly – but we are talking hours and it really helps us… as a player, that is what you want.”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

I see a lot of people doubting him on here. Doubting his decision to sell Ings. Doubt his decision to sign Moreno. Doubting his decision to sign Duran etc etc 

He wants to build an identity for us. Ings clearly don't fit in the future plans and makes financial sense. Just let him do his work without moaning. Trust him! 

Sell when the demand is highest... Everybody pays a premium in Jan for strikers when they are staring down the barrel of the gun of relegation like Spam

I'm loving that image of Professor Emery studying Aston Villa matches and compiling books full of information.

I bet he saw many rookie errors and foundational problems.

Really want Emery to succeed and become a Villa legend.

Just now, ender4 said:

I think he should have watched a few games from pre-Gerrard just for his own sanity!

I imagine he kept going back wondering...when was the last time this team wasn't shit?

Just now, DJBOB said:

I imagine he kept going back wondering...when was the last time this team wasn't shit?

He must have thought what kind of shit players am I coming into!  Then when he saw them in training and after the first match, he must have sighed with relief that the players are actually decent. 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm really liking the way he talks about the squad and transfers. Everything seems thought out and carefully planned and he talks about it almost like a tool kit, like he has two screwdrivers and he'd like a set of pliers instead; "I have a striker that plays like this, but I want a winger who can do this instead." He's planning for the tactical fluidity he wants by getting different types of players and giving himself a set of tools that will allow him to play his way.

He's honest and open about who can go and clear on the types of players he wants - there seems to be a very organised mind in operation here - the communication is sharp and concise and there's no woolliness or doubt in the words he uses.

It's impressive.

It’s good for us as fans to know what is going on, but is it a comfortable situation for the players? It’s very publicly talking about their careers and almost making it seem as though they aren’t wanted… 

Its great, but almost seems a little dangerous… 

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s good for us as fans to know what is going on, but is it a comfortable situation for the players? It’s very publicly talking about their careers and almost making it seem as though they aren’t wanted… 

Its great, but almost seems a little dangerous… 

It depends on how he’s handling it with them behind the scenes really, and i trust he’s doing it respectfully. 

Â