Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve never had belief in any manager until now. 

I always thought most managers at the top level were similar - how hard can managing actually be? 

But the change from Gerrard to Emery is so stark that I’ve realised that the manager is the most important piece of the team.

I know it's a tiny thing and to some an odd thing to bring up but I like that he wears shoes on the touchline rather than those bloody black trainers with the white trim that nearly all mangers and 'head' coaches tend to wear nowadays. For me it's a small thing but a sign of him being in charge, rather than one of the lads.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I know it's a tiny thing and to some an odd thing to bring up but I like that he wears shoes on the touchline rather than those bloody black trainers with the white trim that nearly all mangers and 'head' coaches tend to wear nowadays. For me it's a small thing but a sign of him being in charge, rather than one of the lads.

There's a balance required but the head coach/manager should always be the adult in the room. 

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Here's a little change that he's made, it's a weird one and I'm not sure what we gain, but it seems to be working.

On matchdays, the players drive to Villa Park, then get on the coach and go to a hotel for a pre-match meal, they then return to the ground on the coach to begin their pre-game routines.

Don't fully see what we gain other than the team spending time together on the day of a game. Might be more of a bond or maybe Emery can get more information into them by getting more time with them

53 minutes ago, macandally said:

As it should, most sensible people recognised it for what it was, a dominant performance lacking in cutting edge compounded by stupidity.  

File it under anomaly, learn, look forward 

Yes. Emery called it an accident. Move forward.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Here's a little change that he's made, it's a weird one and I'm not sure what we gain, but it seems to be working.

On matchdays, the players drive to Villa Park, then get on the coach and go to a hotel for a pre-match meal, they then return to the ground on the coach to begin their pre-game routines.

I'd suggest the reasoning is so you approach every game the same.

That is, if you are the away team, driving to Villa Park, getting on the coach, going to the hotel (presumably overnight in this case), sharing some meals together then getting on the coach to the ground is what you'd have to do.

So we are taking the "away" out of the teams preparation for each match: You always have the same pre-game routine.

They say winning is a habit - I think this is part of that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Yes. Emery called it an accident. Move forward.

Official vocab guidelines require thar we no longer refer to these kinds of incidents as accidents.

Why?

Because the word accident implies there is no one to blame.

I'm not actually real, I'm a bot. All of my posts are cobbled together by AI using quotes from Hot Fuzz.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 20:36, OutByEaster? said:

Is that something he did with Arsenal and Villarreal etc? 

7 hours ago, Chine said:

It’s possible but I wouldn’t have thought so , probably would have done something similar near their own grounds 

Ah ok. Thought it might have been a “this is where you could play one day” inspirational type thing. 

• Haha 2

I see a lot of people doubting him on here. Doubting his decision to sell Ings. Doubt his decision to sign Moreno. Doubting his decision to sign Duran etc etc 

He wants to build an identity for us. Ings clearly don't fit in the future plans and makes financial sense. Just let him do his work without moaning. Trust him! 

• Like 1

The one thing with Ings leaving ignoring the finances is at least Emery is removing the players he can't use in his tactical plans. I just hope we are not replacing him directly with Duran, he may be excellent in time but he may not be ready quite yet.

Edited by Pissflaps

Â