Unai Emery

PeterSw

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t know how to post from Instagram but go look at Unais post after last nights game. It’s a bit special.

I read it on my wife’s instagram account, you’re right it is special. When you consider he’s barely through the door it’s quite spine tingling. Unai gets the club and all its components. He’s found a home and we’ve found a new special member of our family. Thank you Unai you’ve been chosen and now your heart will inevitably follow. 

• Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lose to Southampton he’s gotta walk…

In all seriousness been very impressed with him, love the fact he is trying to build a bond with the fans on Insta etc. 

You can sense he has the complete respect of the players and his attention to detail is bearing fruit.

We need to stick with him when the going gets tough, will take a couple of windows to get in his players and move on the deadwood! But the future finally looks bright.

I’m already worrying Athletico Madrid might try poach him in the summer 🙈

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Some questioned if getting rid of Gerrard would make any difference and continued to hammer the players. 

Wow.

Just needed another 27 pre seasons with his players coming in. 

Emery is on another 100 levels .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The guy is just total, total class. 

He gets the club and is a master at getting the fans behind a galvanised side. You just know he’s still there at midnight because he’s been painstakingly reviewing the game for two hours. 😊

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

this guy is just a dreamboat.

I honestly havent felt this good about a manager since.....well.....a long time.

We need to invest in him and support him, he knows how to build a team, i hope we let him.

We will defo have ups and downs, but i have no doubt Emery is the right man for the job.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

With 13 points from 18 Emery is off to the best league start since Gregory in '98...  Posts like this above really show why...  There is a new "Special One" in the Premier League and he manages the Villa!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

this guy is just a dreamboat.

I honestly havent felt this good about a manager since.....well.....a long time.

We need to invest in him and support him, he knows how to build a team, i hope we let him.

We will defo have ups and downs, but i have no doubt Emery is the right man for the job.

Agreed, not felt similar since probably MON. I loved Deano because he's one of us but never believe he was truly a top level coach. Covid saved us from relegation and that momentum carried over into the next season and Jacks sensational form.

With Emery it's almost like our version of when Pep went to City. They knew it's only time required for success now. Same with us, we will be in the top 8 teams 4 times out of every 5 seasons. Once the CL expands majority of the time PL will have 8 places in Europe. 

• Like 2

Even though it looked nervy we had the majority of possession last night. However I felt like we played too slowly at the back and dithered a bit too much.

Kamara and Luiz should (imo) have the majority of touches for us in most games.

The second half we quickened it up and we had 5v 5 against them in the middle third of the pitch quite a few times but we didn’t get the right pass or movement although we created decent chances but could have created more opportunities for us to kill the game. 

The spirit and tenacity was good throughout the game and hopefully we can continue to build and improve. 

Don Unai gets it right again. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Â