Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm a doddery old guy who's hearing and other bits and pieces aren't anywhere near what they used to be, but I can understand Unai clearly. His command of English is easily good enough and he's to be commended on his multi lingual ability. 

As longs as the players and his bosses understand him.....who gives a toss?

Listen to any manager talk....its all repetitive jargon, to please the media, anyway.

I feel like one of the other things the Sultan of Unai has imparted on the team is game management. Be a little dirty, slow the game down, employ some gamesmanship, standing in front of frees and throw-ins, just being generally a lot nastier than usual. It's not popular, it's rarely attractive but it helped drag the arse out of the extra 7-8 minutes,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Cup manager becoming league manager? In Unai I trust.

Was already a league manager as he had to qualify his cup winning teams for European competitions

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

Excellent manager, his management of Baileys form, the reintroduction to Sanson (hopefully told him to hold of from leaving) and we are nastier as a side but in a way that a team like Man City and co can get away with. His squad is still taking shape as well I’ve not been this excited in a while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Current ppg would see us end on 66 points if it continued like this.

Anything north of 50 would be an achievement given where Unai found us. I think he'll do it though

• Like 1

I love the Sultan. He is the best manager we have had since Saunders. We need to be patient because we do need better players but this guy is going to take us places. Relegation worries banished in 6 games. Unbelievable!

• Like 1

Â