Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Impressive 

One of whom was George Ramsay, who won 6 league titles and 6 FA Cups from from 1884-1926. I'd take anything close to that.

The other was his successor, W.J. Smith. A few others have been close, including BFR and Martin O'Neill.

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The more I look him up the more a warm to him, much rather have him than Tuchel, and my feeling right now is rather than Poch as well! Go Unai!

Of those, he genuinely just seems the best " fit " all round.

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Has he signed any gems?

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Don't know how many players were 100% his signing but here's a list of players that were bought under his reign for the teams he's managed:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/unai-emery/spielertransfers/trainer/5075

Looking at that list, be wrong to give full credit but Lo Celso from Argentina, Martinelli from Brazil. Aspas has been brilliant for Sevilla, cut price from Liverpool. 

Parejo, Coquelin, Meunier, Hernandez, Sarabia etc etc all bought below their value 

I don’t think the spend is going to be as huge as people think. He is an elite coach but has worked with clubs who have found gems rather than spent crazy money. We’ve been guilty in the past of signing top players ( Abraham in the championship ) who weren’t been coached that well and left to their own devices. I’d even argue that Coutinho falling off the face of the earth is less to do with him being past it and more to do with how shite and mundane training was every day that **** him up a bit. He could play well now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don’t think the spend is going to be as huge as people think. He is an elite coach but has worked with clubs who have found gems rather than spent crazy money. We’ve been guilty in the past of signing top players ( Abraham in the championship ) who weren’t been coached that well and left to their own devices. I’d even argue that Coutinho falling off the face of the earth is less to do with him being past it and more to do with how shite and mundane training was every day that **** him up a bit. He could play well now. 

I agree, It would be nice for our current squad to be coached reach their full potential for once before we bring in a load more signings. Towards the the end of the last window I really stopped caring about new signings (when Sarr was linked) because I just knew the manager couldn’t use our existing players properly let alone new signings. Hopefully those days are gone.

• Like 1

Â