Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it be "Ooh-nigh Em-rees" claret n blue army with 4 syllables a la Brian Little or " Em-err-eees" claret n blue army with 3 syllables , elongated on the 3rd syllable a la big fat Ron ?

Who makes the decision ? The first person to try and get the song going ?  It's a big deal.

Happy with the appointment, I'll be honest I felt the only guarantee of 'success' for us after appointing a manager was Tuchel which was always going to be highly unlikely but out of the other 10 or so managers I felt could do really well here Unai Emery was one of those so lets just enjoy getting better and see where we have got to in 2 and a bit seasons.....

One thing is for sure it will be a damn sight better than Gerrard. 

• Like 1

Regarding that Arsenal fans comment saying he is a better coach for an underdog team that's why he didn't workout at Arsenal AND PSG....

PSG? Where he won 7 trophies in 2 seasons. 

I wanted Poch as he was unemployed but Emery is a much better appointment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Happy with the appointment, I'll be honest I felt the only guarantee of 'success' for us after appointing a manager was Tuchel which was always going to be highly unlikely but out of the other 10 or so managers I felt could do really well here Unai Emery was one of those so lets just enjoy getting better and see where we have got to in 2 and a bit seasons.....

One thing is for sure it will be a damn sight better than Gerrard. 

Honestly I would've taken Emery over Tuchel in a heartbeat (and I would've said this before Emery was linked). Tuchel apparently falls out with players pretty quickly and we don't need that here.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I get your point but I think firstly there is a level of malevolence that came with the mocking of Emery that isn’t there with Gerrard which probably comes a bit closer to “banter”, and secondly with Emery it’s the whole British media ganging up on a foreigner for being foreign whereas with Gerrard it’s just fans ripping a scouser the same as British people rip other British accents all the time (see for example the amount of people who take the piss out of the Brummie accent).

Mocking a foreign manager speaking a language that is not his own is basically just cruel and humiliating. 

You are jokingly aren’t you? The malevolence towards Gerrard on sites like Villatalk was embarrassing and wince-making. And that was the cleaned up version! Go onto Twitter and it was pure  hatred.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Nas 

Edens, Sawiris, Purslow and Lange. 

This is the most important position at the club. It will have been decided as a group in exactly the same way as Gerrard would have been decided as a group. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this is a good and exciting appointment. I guess he doesn’t have to do a full overhaul, we still have Kamara and Diego, also Traore could play a part. For me the key is target one or two from Kamara’s calibre each window. We should look at selling some of the starters who reached theur limits and are limited (such as McGinn and Watkins). Their value will keep decreasing so cashing in would be the best thing. Some would argue about selling Sanson for example but I doubt he’d get us anything. We need to be shrewd. I’m hoping that Emery can do it right this time.

• Like 2

I said the other day Villa's biggest problem has been the appointments of bang average managers and that our lack of progress has been due to this. Well times are changing and not a day too soon. Superb work from the board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I agree with all of this. There's  a nagging doubt about his time at Arsenal  v. the rest of his career,  ut hopefully that means he's  hungry to crack the league 

It's been shown over and over that his record at Arsenal is actually very good but those self entitled twonks thought they should be winning the league. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not sure how accurate the translator is but:

C A R T A A B I E R T A
UNAI EMERY
Villarreal has been my home for the last two years and
media.
My house, not my club, because I have felt integrated, dear,
identified and passionate about Villarreal CF. I have lived in
first person the excellence of the project driven by the
Roig family and our beloved Jose Manuel Llaneza. From
outside it was an admirable project and, from the inside, I have been able to
to confirm it, to feel part of it. We have achieved successes together,
we have lived great moments and, regardless of the
results, I have felt more loved and supported than ever.
I don't have a single reproach. Fernando Roig Negueroles, on day a
day, and Fernando Roig Alfonso, together with all the executives of the
Club headed by José Manuel, have been key to
I could give my best. Without them, nothing would have been possible.
They have made the resources and peace of mind available to me
necessary so that, looking back, we have been able to live a
european title and a UEFA Champions League semi-finals,
thanks also to the commitment of all the players, the
employees and management. And with a whole people, warm fans
and faithful that he has never failed us, and that, even now in the
of doing a hundred kilometers to support us in Valencia, he has
given a lesson in loyalty and fidelity.

If I had written a letter of wishes when I signed at Villarreal,
I would have come up short. Everything has been perfect.
I have enjoyed this path to the fullest. However, part of
every path is its end. My stage, with the requirement printed and
the successes reaped, was nearing its end in the next
month of June. For the last few days I've been thinking
carefully and feeling what my decision should be.
Farewell is hard and difficult, but my feeling and my reflection
i just have to start a new project.
I will never forget that night in Gdansk, where we touched the sky.
Nor those of Turin, Munich or Bergamo. Or the one from last Sunday,
that was the best tribute to José Manuel. But, believe me, the best
it has been to come every morning to work happy, knowing that you were
in the place where you fully fit in and felt respected.
On July 27, 2020, in my presentation, I said that my dream
it was to win a title with Villarreal CF. Today, after having
fulfilled, I can tell you the fans, the Club and my
players that what I would have never dreamed is that I was going to be so
happy as I have been with you.
ALWAYS GROGUET. THANKS TO TOTS! ENDAVANT!

Just as a footnote, although many will know this, “Groguet’ is Villarreal’s club nickname  and the name of their mascot; TOTS is (I think) Team of The Season; and “ENDAVANT” means “Keep Moving Forward”, which is the Villarreal motto and name of their long term project plan.

• Like 2

Â