Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Knocked Bayern and Juve out of the CL with Villarreal.

Put some respect on his damn name.

He knocked out Bayern with a Coquelin-Capoue midfield ffs.

Also beat his former team, Arsenal, to go to their first ever European finals and then beat Man U to win the Europa league. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Emery is definitely NOT a tier below Pochettino/Tuchel etc. if he had a FIFA rating it would be around 85/86. Pep/Klopp would be in the 90’s. Pochettino /Tuchel around 88 

Dyche would be 99. 😬.

If anything poch is a tier below emery 

Look at what ems won to poch

• Like 2

If we equal his ppg from his first season at Arsenal from now to the end of this season we will finish on 60 points

If we equal the ppg from the worst league seasons of his entire career (Almeria after promotion to LaLiga 07-08, Sevilla 15/16 in year he won third consecutive Europa League) from now til the end of this season, we'll finish on... 48 points.

40 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

From an Arsenal fan I know:

I think he might do OK there. He thrives when he works with an underdog team who expect to have less than 50% possession. 

Villarreal had the 4th highest average possession in La Liga last season.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can not imagine for one moment that significant funds will not be made available.

Surely that would have been one of his questions when asking about the 'plan'

With the squad we have, I do think we are at the quality over quantity stage of making signings. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I'm happy with that appointment, its a tier below Pochettino and that calibre of manager but still a very good appointment who is more than ambitious enough for were we want to be for the forseeable future. Maybe this guy can get us into Europe and win it at some point, what a fantastic record he has in the Europa.

Pochettino have done better in the Premier League than Emery, and I think that is why people are rating Pochettino higher, me included. But I’m starting to change my mind, because if you start looking into what they have won, it’s Emery that clearly comes out on top. If you look at their time at PSG, Emery had a 76.3% win rate and won 7 trophies. Pochettino had a 65.48% win rate and won 3 trophies.

If Emery can do his normal stuff, get us into Europe and win some silverware, he would leapfrog Pochettino in most people’s mind as the better manager.

• Like 2

Â