Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Him mentioning that the timing is a shame, as he thinks Potter would have been a great fit for us.... stings a little. ( As it's true )

Our bloke seems to love Gallardo but chooses Amorim from the list.

Interesting indeed.

yep it makes sense, and I saw your post below. Think that would be understandable and I wonder if they wouldn't sack him at that point

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

I have a feeling we’ll end up with Michael Beale!!

I don’t think this will happen, but I would take Beale tbf. Pretty clear from his performance at QPR that he was the brains.

I know we performed badly while he was still here, but I’m not convinced he was supportive of Gerrard’s team selections, especially re Coutinho.

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I don’t think this will happen, but I would take Beale tbf. Pretty clear from his performance at QPR that he was the brains.

I know we performed badly while he was still here, but I’m not convinced he was supportive of Gerrard’s team selections, especially re Coutinho.

He was a huge fan of Coutinho, along with Gerrard. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was a huge fan of Coutinho, along with Gerrard. 

As a person, yes, he's said how much he admired Coutinho's attitude. But tactically I'm not sure Beale would have been the one constantly trying to shoehorn him into the side. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Beale thinks more about how the team works as a cohesive unit, whereas Gerrard was more inclined to just throw talent into the mix and hope they do something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

Who do you suggest then? Poch and Tuchel won't touch us, so who's our elite experienced saviour?

Fortunately I'm not the man being  paid 160k a year to go out and find a manager and interview potential candidates.. If this was the case however, I would have much more insight to who's available. 

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The players wouldn't.

What makes you think that? Dyche has achieve more than Dean Smith, Gerrard, Thomas franks and many of those listed. He did it with a tiny budget, who is to say he can't do more with the resources villa have.

He'd also have a voice and would call out the bollox that goes on behind the scenes at villa. 

Were all nervous about the football being poor but target him to bring goals and a style of play. Things that were not possible with the money he had to spend at Burnley. 

We all loved Smith because we could identify with him, I see similar in Dyche. 

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Deeply maddening if true.  

Does this heap more pressure on our CEO for hanging on to his dream guy for too long? I get the impression he was the lone voice in the board room. I accept that we may view Amorim as a big risk and an expensive one, but having not reacted quickly enough to get Potter does that make Amorim now more likely? Rather than view him as another young manager from a small league, Gerrard, they view him as a Potter type on the way up, who is worth the risk. I’d like to think that proper due diligence would be carried out this time, rather than just asking Purslow's opinion.

As for the fee, would we bat an eyelid if we were asked to pay that for a player who could potentially transform us? We paid that for Danny Ings and that hasn’t been a great signing, not yet anyway. Perhaps with a proper coach we may see more value from a lot of our players, which has rapidly evaporated over the last 11 months. Apparently Nas knows Amorim and he’s currently favourite for the job. I know how the market works and accept that someone like Poch would have lots of optimistic Villa fans sticking a couple of quid on, but Amorim is relatively unknown and so perhaps a bit of genuine ITK money has gone on him? He who dares Rodney, he who dares. 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

And McGinn, if rumours are true.