Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

One very poor result and performance won’t define our season. 

No, but consistently baffling decisions which no sign of disappearing will.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd be very interested to see what a guy like Unai Emery could do with this squad.

Probably get to some kind of a cup final as that is what he does with every team.

21 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t think it is though. A lot of patience was given to Gerrard last season and terrible decisions justified, 10 months he’s been here now and Saturday was no different. His treatment of Mings has made me lose any faith in him to be honest and Buendia too. 

Give him 5/6 games and re-evaluate. Especially with the transfer window still open. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I am yet again thinking that the Manager of Aston Villa is the epitome of a Poisoned Chalice.

We ruin managers and many a player too (hence low resale value etc).

I was hopeful Gerrard would fit, improve Villa but it looks like we are going backwards. The knives are out, sabres rattling, it seems just a matter of time...

We may win against Everton but then we could quite easily lose three or four on the bounce and be bottom of the league after six games. Would he be sacked then perhaps? Or is it again yet another season of transition. How many seasons of transition do we have at Villa, it's beyond a joke now.

It's not a poisoned chalice, we just make poor managerial choices and historically have been poorly run.

Smith was the exception - before that you have to go back to MON when we were both well run and (relatively) well managed at the same time. 

We are now very well run behind the scenes but have the wrong manager. It can change quickly but Gerrard ain't it and tbh I'm almost hoping we lose the next couple so there is just cause to make a change rather than dragging this out any longer. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Give him 5/6 games and re-evaluate. Especially with the transfer window still open. 

Why should we give him any more money to spend, he hasnt earned it

He has about 8 players with a chamce of winning the World Cup in 4 months and about 15 players with Champions League experience. He needs to be coaching now(well he should have been coaching a lomg time ago)

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s going to get the games to turn it around. But is more money spent really doing to fix the fundamentals he can’t seem to manage. Critchleys got a huge job on his hands 

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Not impressed with SG, but you can see why others teams take the mick out of us. 1 game in and fans are all over him. Fickle, probably not, patient, definitely not. 

Most, if not all other fanbases are just as impatient.

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Not impressed with SG, but you can see why others teams take the mick out of us. 1 game in and fans are all over him. Fickle, probably not, patient, definitely not. 

Are they Liverpool fans by any chance 😛

This isnt a short term thing this is a 9 month problem at this stage. Club really should have ended this experiment in May 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

It's not just about this season though. 

He was deeply unconvincing last year too - but now has zero excuses and seems to be making matters worse with both his on and off field decision making. 

Look, if we smash Everton playing free flowing football maybe he earns a stay of execution, but I just don't see it. It's the same mistakes over and over again. 

• Like 2

Maybe Gerrard could use his evident ability to attract quality to Villa by turning up at Pochettino's House and leave knowing that he's helped the club a great deal. 

10 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Saying i'm not patient? I've been waiting 40 years to see us have another really decent team! It's been all excuses, poor choices, lack of investment just at the time we had a chance to complete a decent side. Atkinsons, Gregory's, O'neill's & Little's Villa teams all were ok to decent but thanks to Ellis none were ever "complete" in my view. I remember the nonsense about Jounihno, Robbie Keane etc. All BS stories by Ellis who simply refused to go the extra mile needed to give us a genuine chance of titles etc FOR 40 YEARS we have been patiently waiting for owners like these. Now we need that manager who can build the team we need.

I think that's pretty darned patient personally :crylaugh:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He did only take over in November, hardly surprising.

Fair enough, it was just interesting plus the fact was wrong anyway as we also beat Norwich twice. Can’t believe anything I read these days!

• Like 1