Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, JayVTID said:

If we've reached a point where we want to trigger the buyout, then we must have assurances that Emery is up for it.

I'll be very pleased if he does come. Of course, he wasn't my first choice, but then my first choice(s) weren't realistic, more a pipedream. 

I think he's the best of the rest with his experience and I think he'll do a great job for us.

I think he’s the same level of candidate to Poch and Tuchel, I really do.  His football isn’t always the most attractive but he gets results and a top notch manager. Would be a real coup for us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think he’s the same level of candidate to Poch and Tuchel, I really do.  His football isn’t always the most attractive but he gets results and a top notch manager. Would be a real coup for us.

Not to mention the players he could bring with him from Villarreal.

• Like 1

Last season only Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, and Real Madrid scored more than Villarreal, so his style of football can't be that defensive, it was the same the season before that as well, Villarreal fourth top scorers in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Villarreal squad is very average he’s just getting the best out of what’s available.

With that in mind Pau Torres sticks out like a sore thumb and would walk into our team... In my opinion of course!

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can we please, please stop with this "good ebening" rubbish.

speshly considrin ow brummies tork

we pronounce ‘beer’ the same way Emery pronounces ‘villa’

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

With that in mind Pau Torres sticks out like a sore thumb and would walk into our team... In my opinion of course!

Yes I thought about mentioning him. A partnership is of Diego Carlos and Pau Torres…..

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes I thought about mentioning him. A partnership is of Diego Carlos and Pau Torres…..

Pau Torres is from Villareal. That little town is not like all the others. Their ground can almost hold the entire town (adults). He has been there for 20 years - Barca, United and Chelsea have all tried and failed to get him out of there.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Ugh…. He’s been incredibly unreliable with regards to Villa news in Spain. Wasn’t he saying that there was no chance Coutinho would end up at Villa last January?

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Villarreal squad is very average he’s just getting the best out of what’s available.

Some big young prospects and established names:

Pino, Pau Torres, Jackson, Chukwueze. It's an ageing squad, but those are some standout names.