Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, John said:

I think Emery stood alongside Poch and Tuchel, as the available top ranked managers from the start.

Agreed

1 minute ago, John said:

The difference is that unlike the other two, he hasn't distanced himself from our job.

and the chatter has been fairly quiet compared to the other names mentioned.  As I said a few days ago, the quietness around him pushed me to thinking it was him given Villa’s tendencies.  Whether it’s him or not, if it is him it would be a real coup for us.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think the Dyche slander is a farcical to be honest. He achieved more with Burnley than Eddie Howe did with Bournemouth. 

Dyche is solid enough but we are talking about the next Villa manager. If you are trying to convince everyone that Dyche should get the job above someone like Emery then you are mad! Even your Howe comparison is dubious😆

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Emery is basically a BTEC Paul Lambert.

He likes his slow possession football, he is pragmatic and he favours a double pivot and at times it can be a bit tedious to some.

Basically bring back Lambert.

At least its possible to understand what Emery is saying

2 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

There is no credible source to say he's coming! Don't get too excited or displeased. 
Dumb money is putting money on it based on a tweet. 

It is strange there are no credible media sources running with it. I know we run a tight ship regarding club news, but usually it comes out in the press 24-48 hours before. For an announcement that is allegedly due to happen today or tomorrow it is very quiet in the press. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It is strange there are no credible media sources running with it. I know we run a tight ship regarding club news, but usually it comes out in the press 24-48 hours before. For an announcement that is allegedly due to happen today or tomorrow it is very quiet in the press. 

Especially the Spanish media. Not one article linking Emery to Villa. Also stated the other day he's perfectly happy in Spain. 

3 minutes ago, bose said:

Unlikely today because of work permit issues according to the great and all knowing Lyric 😆

gutted you can't play the exchanges on new manager...watch them drift now

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Lyric is now in Boston MA, not Texas apparently. Lol.

He was a Liverpool fan and now an Arsenal fan as well. Lol

To be fair, he does alot of commentary on British Politics and affairs etc.

I think the fan and location stuff is just his attempt at covering his tracks and trying to throw people who might get " onto him " off 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I did go Nick, and was blew away by the energy and intensity....The galvanised group, was awesome, everyone of them showing a desire, will to win and all the things, I have been waiting to happen.

I have no idea, where that come from.....if it was JUST system, I am staggered......but I don't much care, its arrived and we have shown the football world, we have it in us,......I was in doubt, now I'm not, as long as its not just a one -off.

I was in favour of 4-2-3-1 and for some time, laboured my point of 2 competent defensive midfielders, with at least one having stature and presence.....Luiz alongside him was, extremely impressive.

However, I was in doubt, it would make THAT much difference...I'm gobsmacked.

I'm Made up over the front 3, blowing away the cobwebs and showing what we all thought, we had bought.

I have to say Nick, based on that, I have to concede you was right.....but I wlll reserve my overall judgment to see if we can sustain it.

I haven't seen that level of togetherness for some time.......The contrast between, Thursday and Sunday, is mindblowing.

However, as long as we can play like that, I don't care, who is charge.

PS suddenly what appeared to be poor investments for the owners, now looks like shrewd signings......but we have to sustain it.

I have HUGE respect people who can admit they might possibly have been wrong about something, especially here where things often get so heated and polarized.

So fair play to you TRO, I feel people are so used to sticking to their guns and we have this black and white debates here that are so tiresome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1