Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

9 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

You can't really attribute probability to odds in a market like this, there's such low liquidity it doesn't take much to turn the odds upside down. As an example tonight's West Ham game has around £200k matched on the Betfair exchange, compared to this market having about £3k matched in total. Markets like this can be heavily influenced by insider knowledge as well, in a way football results can't really.

What is interesting is that he dropped from almost double figures in some places yesterday to as low as 3s this morning without much in the way of news, everything since then - and his current price - has just been a reaction to that (and Twitter guff).

I think something in it when prices drop this low out of nowhere. Someone has inside info.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Which part of France mate? 

Simply because I’ve got my heart set on Emery now so if you’re wrong I’m going to go all Liam Neeson on you. Hunting has never been a forte though so a full address would speed things up 🤣

Charente but that’s all I’m saying as I’m now a bit scared 😂

• Haha 1

Trophies won

Emery- 4 Europa League's,  1French league title, 2 french cups, 2 french league cups. 53% win rate

Amorim- 1 Portuguese title,  1 Portuguese cup and 4  league cups. 71% win rate

Poch- 1 French league title and 1 French cup. 49% win rate

Dyche- 1 English championship. 35% win rate

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not excited by Emery as his football is too pragmatic and defensive for me... and I want to see us play good football.

Given the number of goals his teams seem to score (and sometimes concede) why do you think he's too defensive? Genuine question btw as I've not seen anywhere near enough of his teams play to have an opinion. Just going off the stats.

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

in a 4231 we may even see the best of Buendia & Bailey and the end of WatkIngs.

I mean all 4 of them worked pretty well together yesterday. Wouldn't be so quick to write of playing both Watkins and Ings, especially when we were more successful under Gerrard when starting both together as well (20 points from 15 games, [1.33ppg] vs 24 points from 23 games [1.04ppg] when only starting one of them)

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Trophies won

Emery- 4 Europa League's,  1French league title, 2 french cups, 2 french league cups. 53% win rate

Win ratio's are absolutely meaningless. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Trophies won

When you put it like that we need Dyche. He'll get us playing fun, expansive Dyche-ball as opposed to neanderthal Emery.

8 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

True. I'm looking forward to the Sporting vs Spurs match on Wednesday. See how he sets up tactically against a much better group of players in London

Why wait? Go watch the game that was played a few weeks back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Emery would arguably be the highest profile manager we've appointed in the Premier league era. 

Over the moon if its true.

Mate you must have never heard of the bloke we had before Tim Sherwood ( by far the greatest) 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Okay is emery defensive and boring or more attacking and balanaced…  GO! 👇🏽Too much back and forth here

Time for another episode of "Nobody here watches football outside of Villa games..."