Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

I'm not sayi g we get Dyche as manager, but look at the budget he had at Burnley, he played a style to suit the players they could afford, how he kept them up so long deserves some credit. 

With better players, which we have and proper backing could he show a different style. 

I don't feel he's a Bruce/Allerdyce manager that only has 1 way to play, as regardless of squad them 2 only had 1cway of playing, Dyche has never had the chance to show if he is a different manager. 

Now I'm not saying we get him in just think it's unfair to say he's a rubbish manager. 

Is there anything in his managerial history that suggests he would want to or could change from a 'four four f**king two' hoofball-monger into a flexible, modern manager capable of technical free flowing football? You all are taking about win percentages of 40% as being poor. During Dyche's reign at his two managerial posts, he has a win percentage of 34.7% and 35.1% respectively. And Watford were in the Championship.  

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Mannnnn we aren’t getting who we want are we… 

In fairness, we haven't actually mentioned anyone that we want and no manager has publicly expressed an interest or ruled themselves out of the job at this point.

Pochettino was always very wishful thinking. Emery also will be difficult to get. 

AVB is interesting, he'd certainly improve the coaching and get us playing football. As would Frank, how many of Brentford's squad would youhave over ours? Look how he's got them playing, plus a lot of the players who played well under Smith would respond well to Frank's style you would think.

Rodgers looks a bit burned out but he's a much better coach than Gerrard currently is. 

We need someone very technical and tactically astute who can improve players.

7 minutes ago, daft said:

I think that's a safe bet since we aren't a Borg collective. You'll always at least one little **** that will be unhappy even if it was Pep.

Pepe linked headlines in the Brum Mail within 2 hours. 

• Haha 1

Okay i'm going to be the person to put it out there, and it may come across quite ignorant but this Ruben Amorim fella has a feeling of Remi Garde about it. I could be a million miles off it with that statement, but that's the vibes i'm getting. 

• Haha 1

Didn’t / don’t want Pochettino, he’s on the way down if anything and stepping back to manage us after PSG was never going to get him excited.

Happy with links to people like Amorim, a relative unknown who seems to have his team playing good football - much like Graham Potter (prior to, and after joining Brighton).

We need someone on the up, someone who has a set identity to their football, someone who’s excited to come here and is prepared to work hard to make it a success. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Okay i'm going to be the person to put it out there, and it may come across quite ignorant but this Ruben Amorim fella has a feeling of Remi Garde about it. I could be a million miles off it with that statement, but that's the vibes i'm getting. 

I had no **** idea of who he was before we were linked so I struggle to be excited tbf. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

But he's sexy.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Didn’t / don’t want Pochettino, he’s on the way down if anything and stepping back to manage us after PSG was never going to get him excited.

Happy with links to people like Amorim, a relative unknown who seems to have his team playing good football - much like Graham Potter (prior to, and after joining Brighton).

We need someone on the up, someone who has a set identity to their football, someone who’s excited to come here and is prepared to work hard to make it a success. 

So you'd turn down a sure thing for a €30m gamble?

Are you Purslow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Astute. and you can't spell astute without....