Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

If there are absolutely no viable options out there due to our pull (eg Poch) or due to us not liking their style (eg Dyche) then we still have to do something.

I know. Let's get rid of a Liverpool legend who has some success in an obscure foreign league and replace him with a Villa legend who has some success in an obscure foreign league.

Welcome Olof Mellberg!!

I'm kidding... but he'd be better than Gerrard.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't turn my nose up at him......At least he would get us competing, and shift out all the passive play.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't wait, to see this new system, coming in.....that will transform our play.

really, looking forward to it.

@TRO

We all know that many of the Lange signings have been done by stats and as a result we have an unbalanced team.

But, a coach who knows how to coach will get a tune out these players. Admittidtly they are not a top ten outfit but equally they are not a bottom three one either.

A decent coach will set us up as a unit. A decent coach will install a style a system the players will be able to work to. At the moment it's just drivel.

We are all looking forward to it.

The current squad has limitations, yes, but they should not be in the bottom three.

I will say it again, we cannot gamble with the next coach/manager. IF NSWE are serious they have to do whatever they have to to get a top proven manager. No if's but's or maybe's.

If they don't, it will speak volumes of the real ambitions of the club.

We are now at make or break time.

2 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Honestly after thinking about it I would take Sean Dyche. Good at operating at that relegation level, but also worked wonders at Burnley for years and deserves a club with a bit of backing to see what he can do. Certainly we wouldn't have a disappearing midfield with him.

thought about him also. Not a light up the sky appointment but would bring a solidity to the team, which we desperately need and he could start Saturday 😛

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

The TGWU would be outside BMH picketing....unfair treatment, etc

They wouldn't commit to playing for him.....This lot wouldn't play for Saunders, if we could turn the clock back.

Lets just replace the whole team, keep Gerrard and we'll have a battling team in the bottom half of the championship next season :) 

Then we'll see proper football, men's football, the good old times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Can you really not see that Gerrard sets up the midfielders and full backs in pretty much the worst way possible?

Yes.

I don't see defensive full backs anyway, so they was recruited with that in mind....maybe the new guy, will change it.

Change it back and see if it gets any better?.....ask the full backs to stay back and see if it improves, I think the errors will still be there.

I also see a midfield, that is not capable of doing what is being asked.....I saw that with the last manager too.

We stay compact, they go down the flanks, we go wide and they pour through the middle.....they are not good enough.

I am intrigued to see the new guy, get the system right, with these players.....is that not a reasonable request?

I have no idea, who the next manager will be.....but I will watch with interest, the system he brings.....If it works, Great.

10 minutes ago, bose said:

Lets just replace the whole team, keep Gerrard and we'll have a battling team in the bottom half of the championship next season :) 

Then we'll see proper football, men's football, the good old times.

I wouldn't be confident, in what we would bring in.

Thats the spirit, a bit like Arsenal, full bloodied, fiesty, athletic, willing to run, Intense.

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If Dyche is the answer you may as well put the chairs on the tables at Villa Park, the ambition is done.

I do see your point, but ironically, some of the stuff he is famous for, is what we have missing right now.

However, I don't think our players could fulfill his demands anyway.

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think I have ever known a time when there was so much interest in the next manager whilst the other was in situ. Such a weird time.

It's rare you get the perfect mix of an idiot in charge so obvious that everyone can see it, a run up to his inevitable sacking being so clear, and the whole thing being such a shambles everyone knows a new man is needed ASAP.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think I have ever known a time when there was so much interest in the next manager whilst the other was in situ. Such a weird time.

Maybe, because no one can see him pulling this around.....including me.....and its easier to change the manager, than the team.

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We were serenading Lambert while McLeish awkwardly stood on the touchline waiting for the sack

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think its probably the 1st time pretty much all of VT is in agreement about how crap the manager is! So that is some going! 

• Like 2

I wanted Brendan Rodgers last time we had a vacancy and my mind hasn't changed. He's a top manager who is currently a victim of the club selling off their stars. He has form for being able to change shape and tactics given the players he has and the opposition. If supported I think he'll fire us up the table, at least back to midtable, with the incumbent squad. 

Poch and Potter are pipe dreams in my opinion and neither would come here, although I'd not complain if I were proven wrong!