Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I have no idea who the new manager will be or when it could happen.

I really think the Club, New Manager (when it happens), Purslow and the players would be best to stop talking about Villa pushing for European football and Top 4/6 etc.

Any fan of this Great Club knows by now that our owners are ambitious and pushing for the top.

All this talk has convinced fans that's its going to happen and they have made it sound like its a certainty and its imminent.

As a club we should be knuckling down with our main focus finishing consistently inside the top 10 and internally working on the plans and structures to build towards those European spots. 

We have great owners who have ambition and wealth but our last Premier League Top 10 finish was 9th in 2010/2011 with 3 seasons in the championship since then.

We are a Big Club but there are plenty of Big Clubs these days. You cant just flick a switch and finish where you want on the table because you keep saying your ambitious and wealthy !

Ever since Gerrard arrived he has talked the talk about Europe without us even showing anything close to being at that level. We are publicly setting ourselves up to fail ! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Maybe we can show some true ambition with our next manager.

Marco Rose

Hansi Flick (after the world cup)

Mauricio Pochettino

Zinedine Zidane

Marcelo Gallardo

We could be there ticket to the Premier League !

No chance with the likes of Hansi Flick and Zidane. I reckon Flick goes to Madrid after Ancelotti finally calls it quits. 

Poch is a stretch even at that. But probably the most likely as Marco Rose and especially Gallardo are way to inexperienced for us. 

11 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Such is my disillusionment with Gerrard right now, I’d even take Steve Cotterill as our next manager. 

You only gonee and named probably one of the few people thats x10 worse than gerrard 😂

Whilst I'd love Potter here, we have to be mindful that it's taken him a few years to get his team playing like they are. Last year they really struggled for goals, and he complained about the fans booing the team - I can't imaging the fans at VP being as patient as the Brighton fans if honest. He'll know that there will be a huge amount of pressure on his shoulders if the job was offered, but I think a long-term, cohesive playing style is just what we need. This team is crying out for good coaching and a tactically savvy management team. I don't believe we're seeing either at the moment.

Whilst he doesn't deserve it, I do think Gerrard will get the chance to take us through the next two or 3 games . However, mate or not, Purslow knows that it's his cock and cash on the block here - so I don't foresee him being overly sentimental.

Unless there's a miraculous upturn in results and performances, I really hope they don't leave it until the WC in November. There's an international break on the 24th September, which would be the latest time to make a change IMO. Now would be even better, mind you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Whilst I'd love Potter here, we have to be mindful that it's taken him a few years to get his team playing like they are. Last year they really struggled for goals, and he complained about the fans booing the team - I can't imaging the fans at VP being as patient as the Brighton fans if honest. He'll know that there will be a huge amount of pressure on his shoulders if the job was offered, but I think a long-term, cohesive playing style is just what we need. This team is crying out for good coaching and a tactically savvy management team. I don't believe we're seeing either at the moment.

Whilst he doesn't deserve it, I do think Gerrard will get the chance to take us through the next two or 3 games . However, mate or not, Purslow knows that it's his cock and cash on the block here - so I don't foresee him being overly sentimental.

Unless there's a miraculous upturn in results and performances, I really hope they don't leave it until the WC in November. There's an international break on the 24th September, which would be the latest time to make a change IMO. Now would be even better, mind you.

He should have gone yesterday, but whatever, they’ll probably allow him to lose the next two matches and we can sack him then. Best thing to do right now is to sack him, give it Critchley for two games and then look to bring someone in, in a couple of weeks time. 

All this messing around is just delaying the inevitable. He is going to lose his job, because he’s completely incompetent at it. 

• Like 3

There's a few available who I'd have here.

Half a dozen or so out of work who I think could improve our position from last year.

I'll have a think about who I would back to get us to where we need to be. 

I know this might sound hypocritical, but sacking Parker after 4 games is ridiculous. Unlike Gerrard, his form across two seasons has been good. 9-0 is never a good look but sometimes it happens... Like Hasenhuttl at Southampton. That said, I don't want Parker to be considered for our next manager 😏

Edited by Made In Aston

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I know this might sound hypocritical, but sacking Parker after 4 games is ridiculous. Unlike Gerrard, his form across two seasons has been good. 9-0 is never a good look but sometimes it happens... Like Hasenhuttl at Southampton. That said, I don't want Parker to be considered for our next manager 😏

No Parker didn’t deserve it

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

No Parker didn’t deserve it

you won't find a single bournemouth fan unhappy at this decision. they never warmed to him

i wouldn't want him anywhere near villa

Edited by tomav84