Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Potter also got Ostersund 3 promotions and European football where they punched well above their weight.

Must have done good at Swansea to get the Brighton job.

He is no flash in the pan gets his teams playing good pleasing on the eye football despite losing his best players.

His ceiling is higher than Brighton that's my opinion.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Why are your responses always so loaded? Chill out man.

I’m not completely opposed to Potter, just something tells me it’s clicked at Brighton that’s all. I’d be wary of a right manager right club right time type situation. Like Lambert at Norwich. Then he came to us. 

It clicked in Sweden too he brought a small town team up about 5 divisions to the Europa League knockouts with wins over Galatasaray, Hertha and Arsenal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Not that I would want us to take another risk on an SPL manager, but Ange Postecoglu has got Celtic playing some ridiculously nice football.

Just watching them demolish Dundee United away. 7-0 after an hour.

If we can’t get any of our preferred choices maybe Von Bronckhorst would be an option, at least he know how to sort out Gerrard’s mess 😜

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Get Ange to Villa, he'll sort us out!!

Fond memories of Ange's "Roarcelona".

He will be up for it, and I wouldn't be too much against it.

• Like 2

I never said I wouldn’t take Potter. Just that PERSONALLY I’m a bit cautious. Jesus wept, it’s just my opinion. I don’t dislike the man, I think he could very well be good for us but I’m still cautious about him. Good bloody lord lol, I love you lot but you lot are mental sometimes lol. 

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Not that I would want us to take another risk on an SPL manager, but Ange Postecoglu has got Celtic playing some ridiculously nice football.

Just watching them demolish Dundee United away. 7-0 after an hour.

He’s a good manager. If he wasn’t Australian he’d have been on a bigger stage by now. 

We haven't done anything today - we had the posession, we had the opportunity - but nothing. Buendia needs to start. I wanted SG to have time but he's got nothing - Mickey Beale was as it happens the brains and we need another manager. Bring on Potter. 

NSWE probably down tools now and reassess their plans for Villa. I'd reign in the spending and just aim for the consistent mid table.

I think we aim to get new manager in during the international break so after Southampton game. Nice symmetry with last season