Pre match thread

bielesibub

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

@CVByrne i think hes leaning on the fact its a game we may charge up for just like man city who we drew against so if we can draw to city then we can do the same to chelsea and our defence is decent tbf … and a home fixture 

Yes.We drew with $ity but if you watched the game you would have to say that $ity were REALLY REALLY unlucky not to score 5/6 goals.

• Like 1

Just now, PussEKatt said:

Yes.We drew with $ity but if you watched the game you would have to say that $ity were REALLY REALLY unlucky not to score 5/6 goals.

I think they were really unlucky not to score 3 or 4 goals but on the other hand at least we limited them to 13 attempts in total which was a pretty good performance defensively against one of the best teams in the world. We've often conceded more than 20 attempts against the top few teams. 

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Yeah and i agree we rode our luck lets hope we can do the same 

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Cant see it happening twice

I think we will take the lead and lose 1-2

6 hours ago, RicRic said:

Absolutely but whats the sacrifice here lose and he leaves or get something and he stays which doesn’t do us any good with him being in charge but then we wont be classed as fans if we reluctantly want us to lose for the overall good.

Believe me nobody has more passion than me when it comes to this club and watching them and even i dont mind this happening just for that to happen, dont ever question my love for this club and mistake it for anything else i bleed aston villa as much as the next supporter 

Yeah I hope we win and score 2+ goals and I hope we go on to beat Fulham and Brentford with an attacking spark.

Hope dies last 

Villa Fan 1: "I've never wish for Villa to lose, no matter what. I bleed claret and blue."

Villa Fan 2: "But we're going to lose anyway, so what does it matter?"  

Villa Fan 1: "You should at least support the badge -- not the manager."

Villa Fan 2: "Fine. I love the badge. We're still going to lose."

Villa Fan 1: '"Stop being negative."

Villa Fan 2: "But we're going to lose."

Villa Fan 1: "That's negative, mate. That's what I'm saying, mate."

Villa Fan 2: "Ok, we're going to win."

Villa Fan 1: "Now you're talking cack. We're going to lose." 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wict01 said:

I can see us holding Chelsea to a gritty 1-1 draw and then being absolutely rinsed by Brentford when we're expected to attempt to dictate the flow and tempo of a game. 

This is exactly what I think as well. Villa usually save their good performances for the top teams (Liverpool last season, Man City twice last season and this season, also played well against Chelsea and Spurs). We’re better when we concentrate on defending and the odd counter.

Then get humiliated by Fulham and Brentford.

• Like 1

Being in Australia there is little I can do for my voice to be heard, but what I can do I will do...

I won't be watching us against Chelsea, or another match until he is gone.

I don't really think I'll be missing much, I don't look forward to getting up in the AM to watch anymore. I watched us get relegated, this is worse imo.

Relegation was what we deserved compared to the squad and the investment.

This squad deserves a competent manager, I look forward to us hiring one.... Eventually 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

This is exactly what I think as well. Villa usually save their good performances for the top teams (Liverpool last season, Man City twice last season and this season, also played well against Chelsea and Spurs). We’re better when we concentrate on defending and the odd counter.

Then get humiliated by Fulham and Brentford.

We have literally never beat any of them under Gerrard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So will this be Gerrard’s last game in charge? Probably not, unless the game turns really sour for us and the crowd turn, and make it toxic for him.  However, I just have a feeling that we may see another Man City performance and we’ll this time take another point or even more here.

Will Gerrard be brave with his team selection? I’m not so sure, one or two changes maybe?  Personally I’d love to see us mix it up and surprise the opposition. We’re all too predictable in our formation and personnel.

My team:

Martinez

Konsa       Chambers        Mings

Cash          Dendoncker       Luiz              Young

Buendia

Ings                          Archer

Gerrard’s team:

Martinez

Cash             Konsa        Mings           Young

Luiz

McGinn             Ramsey

Coutinho

Ings                      Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Bednarek, Chambers, Nakamba, Sanson, Dendoncker, Bailey, Buendia, Archer.

Quite honestly, I really don’t know what to expect but I think a draw is certainly possible and no doubt acceptable to Gerrard and the board for now.  UTV

Edited by ferguson1

This game would have been better if Tuchel was still the manager as it would have been 2 fairly dull and negative teams stifling eachother. Potter is a proactive manager who will change tactics and personnel in profectum, i doubt we will do that and so it is with regret that i think we will lose 3-0 tommorow. We will make a poor start and continue to shoot ourselves in the foot from there.